Chapter 9 • A bath for a princess and a Witcher

"Here, your spellbook," Geralt said, placing the spellbook on the desk before Valdus who stared hungrily at it

   "Here, your spellbook," Geralt said, placing the spellbook on the desk before Valdus who stared hungrily at it. His bony hands slid out from under his robe and shakingly grasped the book from either side to pick it up and bring it closer for his eye to see. Once he understood the book was the real deal, his consistent scowl departed his lips and was replaced by a forced smile.

   "My shop is yours, Witcher. Take what you need," Valdus said, holding the book close to his chest.

   Anaya watched from where she had been sitting as Geralt walked around the shop, packing everything he deemed necessary for their travels into a large sack. They'd hit the jackpot here, all the supplies they would gather from the shop would last them past her birthday.

   After they had finished at the post, they returned to the tavern where they were expecting to finally get some rest after walking all day. Anaya especially was exhausted from limping around on her one good leg, while the other persisted to burden her with pain. However, once the two returned to their room what they found was enough to knock Anaya back onto the ground in surprise.

   Garrison lay naked in the bed and if that alone wasn't traumatizing enough, behind him lay a woman who was also lacking clothes. Judging by the highly satisfied look on Garrison's face, it was obvious they'd done the deed and based off the messy state of the room, it was clear they'd done the deed on more than just the bed. He had defiled the room.

   "Fuck," Geralt said dryly at the sight before him. Garrison let own a long yawn and opened his eyes to find Anaya and Geralt staring at him in horror, but he didn't seem to care. He just turned his back to them, baring his ass for them to see.

   "Garrison, what is this?" Anaya said, looking up at the ceiling so she wouldn't have to speak to his ass.

   "This, my lovely Aya, is the work of an experienced lover," Garrison said.

   "How much do you owe her?" Geralt asked.

   Garrison turned his head and looked at Geralt with the most satisfied and cocky grin Anaya had ever witnessed. "For what I did to her, she's paying me."

   "Oh my- I need to go," Anaya said, stepping out of the room. Everything she had just witnessed and heard in that room made her want to go clean herself of the filth. After her fall in the woods and conversation with Geralt, she decided the best thing for her sanity would be time alone in the bath.

   Hurriedly, she made her way down into the basement of the tavern where the baths were located. She knew she wouldn't get the experience or luxury she was used to, but it had been so long since her last proper bath she was willing to risk bathing in the questionable tavern waters. However, the one factor that almost prevented her from bathing was that the baths were not separated for different sexes, they were all unisex.

   Looking around the bathing room, she decided the tavern was empty enough to risk it. It was highly unlikely someone would join her in the short time she was there. So, hurriedly she undressed out of the dress and cloak she'd been wearing for days and stepped into the bath where she allowed the steaming water to encompass her body with relaxation. Her sore limbs immediately felt at ease and she couldn't help but sink further into the water and rest her eyes against the ledge.