Afraid of Heights [Sanemi Shinazugawa x Male!Reader]

You kept hugging Genya and advise him to maybe try to talk to [Tanjiro/Kanao] calmly. 

"Come on, little bro, just maybe talk with them while chewing gum. I did that with your brother when I first met him."

You suggested and lied about you chewing gum while smiling and eyes closed as Genya huffs, cheeks very pink, like cotton candy.

"A-- All right, I'll give it a try." 

Genya says as you pull away and pat his head which he smacked your hand away, making you laugh. 

"I-- Isn't it you and Aniki's anniversary today?"

Genya asked, trying to change the subject as you turn to him, opening one eye at him.

"How'd you know?"

You asked as he jumped a little from the sudden tone in your voice.

"Well, uh, I was just asking..." 

He says quickly as you open your other eyes and turn away, looking at the garden you made, seeing the evening sun.

"Yeah, but I'm a little afraid of what your brother's planning right now. Since then, he's usually brought me snakes, spiders, or like to tiny places of attractions, however, they aren't that scary as much. Until that one time which he hasn't known,"

You remembered which you try to forget it quickly but it keeps reminding you of the cliff's most beautiful spot to see the sunrise.

"Oh yeah, that little panic attack incident and you both weren't dating yet. Wait, weren't you supposed to tell him that?"

Genya asked as you look at him then up the ceiling. 

"Yeah, but, I've been hanging out with Muichiro's calm demeanor that I start to forget that awful stuff and think of the positive ones."

You respond happily as Genya felt anxious and not very surprised with that answer.

"Okay, I'm gonna go now. Bye, Onii-chan." 

Genya says as he gets up, leaving out the room, closing the sliding door as you were left alone.
You look down at your hands, playing with your fingers as you thought of the first time you met him.

[Flashback | Few Years Ago | 9:56 AM]

You kept walking down a path of wisteria, smiling to yourself as you made it to one of your favorite trees. 

"Woah, I can't believe it's still here, even if it was 6 years ago..."

You say as you touch the carved names of '(Y/n) & Mitsuri'.
You two were just 10-7 years old, just having fun. And you loved how Mitsuri was being herself, because the people you met at home or anywhere, where your parents bring you, never acted like themselves. Like, they need to behave or something bad will happen.
Suddenly, people thought you two were dating which both weren't. They thought you two would make a cute couple, however, you were more into men which your 'bestie': Mitsuri knew and was waiting until you find one. Although, you two agreed, whoever gets their first love one has to buy the other person's food for 3 weeks.
You believed that Mitsuri will get a man right away since she's so pretty and cute which she doubts. Then, she believes you would have one since you're helpful, kind, encouraging, etc. Yet, you tell her that no man will ever love a homophile.

Suddenly, you were met with an unexpected fate.

When you were 14 years old, you fought over 25 demons over an outrage trauma for a 10-year-old boy and his village.
When you made it there, it was too late...