Chapter 5: Hidden Tears

"I-I don't have a mother" I begin, tears threatening to fall. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to trigger anything" Yoongi was quick to apologize, which I believed was considerate of him. 

"Don't be. Anyway, I lost her when I was around 10. She was my bestfriend, she baked cookies when I was sad, and always put a smile on my face. Unfortunately I lost her to cancer. It was shattering to see ... imagine, I was 10. I watched her get weaker and weaker to the point where she had to stay in bed and couldn't move. at least 3 people helping her to do simple things., cheery mother that raised me for 10 years. I choose to not remember what she was like before she passed, I remember her for who she was before she was sick. Helps to avoid having bad memories of her, I don't want to hate her, I want to keep her in my heart as someone who brought happiness to the world. " 

"She sounds like a wonderful mom" Yoongi moves closer to me, speaking softly. "I miss her so much Yoongi. I miss her" at this point I couldn't hold back and bursted into tears. My cries were almost like screams, waves of pain crashing over me like a powerful tsunami. Not even a moment later I feel Yoongi pull me close to him wrapping his arms around me. One hand was slowly stroking my head. Making soft 'sush-ing' sounds to calm me down while I continue to sob into his chest. I don't dare to move, I allow Yoongi to comfort me in quiet solitude, for once I let myself lower my guard down. 

I trust him enough to show my insecurities. To show Yoongi my hidden tears. We pull away for a moment and look into each others eyes. His eyes were asking me if I was ok. In response I shook my head as Yoongi pulled me into his embrace and let it all out. I was grateful that my father left the city for a few days because I don't want him to first of all, see Yoongi, and second of all, see me this weak. He's tough on me, I know it's a tough love but sometimes all I need is a hug from him. I pull out of Yoongi's hug sniffling and red eyes. 

"I've been told by him that crying is for the weak, that I'm royalty I shouldn't be crying." I look at him continuing to sniffle. "Well the way I see it. We cry not because we're weak, but it's because we've been strong for too long." Yoongi replies exposing a soft gummy smile. I smile back and proceed to snuggle back into his chest. "I'm sorry. You must be hungry. I'm gonna fix something up. I will lock the door don't worry. I intend to keep you safe Yoongi" I say getting off the bed before swimming off to avoid his protests shutting the door behind me and locking it for good measure.