Chapter 1: First Floor Boss Battle

(Look, I don't want to bore you guys out, so I'll skip the whole Kayaba announces SAO is a death game part. Let's skip straight to the 1st floor boss battle)

Your POV~
Death game. That's what Kayaba Akihiko told us. That SAO is a death game.
I look around in the room I was staying in. I felt like being in the dark, because I was so...Nervous? Scared? Sad? I don't really know.
I don't know what happened, I just curled up in the room and stayed there. I wasn't crying. I hated crying. Then why am I curled up in this inn room? I stood up, as if some power was powering me. I went and bought some equipment, a pretty nice rapier (Change this to a sword is you want lol), some health potions and memorized the user manual. I went to the fields and just hunted. As if I was using the monsters to vent out my anger, I just hunted for who knows how long.
I was getting tired. This video game really is like real life. I was getting woozy, and a monster was charging right towards me.
Crap.
But then, a boy with black hair ran in front of me, and killed it.
"Huh?..."
"Hey...It's okay."
And with that, I passed out.

*

Kirito's POV~
I just saw that girl collapse. Ah well... So I carried her to a safe zone, and put her down in an inn room.
Then I just checked on my equipment and waited.
After a while, she stirred, and I panicked. What should I say to her?
I didn't need to think, because a rapier was already against my throat.

Your POV~
As soon as I saw myself in a room, I bolted up. That boy was by the table in the room. I pointed my rapier at him as he panicked, and questioned him.
"What did you do?"
"I..I carried you to this room after you collapsed..."
"Just that?"
"Just that."
"Who are you?"
"My name is Kirito. Solo player."
He put his hands up in defeat. So I slowly lowered my rapier.
"Y/n. Solo too."
"..."
Awkward tension filled the room. I refused to look at him.
Taking a few deep breaths, I started talking.
"So...What level are you?"
"23."
"24. You wanna party up?"
"Oh...Erm...Sure."
"Okay."
I manipulated my menu and sent him a party invite. Within a few seconds a second health bar appeared along with mine.
"Hm. So that's how you spell your name."
"Can I ask something?"
"Hm?"
"Are you a beta tester?"
"No...But I don't really mind them either."
"Really?"
"Yes. I mean, if they know some stuff, people will still die because they are idiots. Including me. If you didn't save me I would've died."
"Glad to hear that. And you're really observant too. Most people don't realize the name bar."
"Oh really. Well then, I'll go rent a room, and how about we meet up downstairs tomorrow morning?"
"Ok..."
What have I gotten myself into...

The next morning, I got up and put on my gear. It was f/c (Your favorite color) and I really liked it. I went downstairs and saw Kirito at a table. So I made my way over.
"Good morning."
"Good morning to you too, Kirito."
"Hey, can you handle dungeons?"
"I guess...Why?"
"Some guys found the floor dungeon."
"Really? That's great news."
"They're having a meeting today. You coming?"
"Sure. We are in a party, aren't we?"
"Yeah..."
We went over to the open air theater. The blue haired guy named Diavel had us go into parties, and we saw this hooded girl, so we invited her in.
"Asuna...That's a pretty name."
"Hm? How did you know my name?"
"Top left hand corner of your screen."
"I see...Y/nn and Kirito...Not bad."
The remainder of the meeting went rather smoothly, except for some guy named Kibaou expressing hate towards beta testers and some talk guy named Agil putting him in his place. We went to the dungeon the next day.
We fought some monsters until we got to the boss room. Then, a boss named Illfang the Kobold Lord appeared.
We were all fighting to our best. Then...
"Wait Diavel!"
I saw Kirito running towards Diavel.
"That's a-"

Kirito's POV~
The boss's weapon change was different than in the beta test! I ran toward Diavel, but I was too late.
The boss threw him back, and his health rapidly decreased.
"Hey, take this."
"Save it for yourself. You were a beta tester too, right?"
"Yes..."
"Fight. For everyone here."
And he exploded into polygons of light.
"Kirito!"
I saw Y/nn running towards me.
"Come on! Aren't you going to kill the boss?"
"I..."
"Seriously. Would you like Diavel to die in vain?"
I looked at her. The answer was clearly no.
She smiled. "Alright. Let's do this."
We switched and kept using sword skills until the boss was killed. I got some form of last hit bonus, and was just minding my own business when...
"How could you let Diavel die?"

Your POV~
That Kibaou guy was at it again.
"I know! He must be a beta tester!"
"And he is a cheater too!"
"He's a beater!"
"Come on guys..." Asuna had a look of worry. Anger was boiling up inside of me.
I slowly walked over to Kibaou.
"What are you-"
I stabbed my rapier towards him, stopping right before his throat.
"Tell me...You said the beta testers were withholding info, right? Then tell me, do you have an idea on how to distribute info to 9000 players at once?"
"Erm..."
"You don't, do you? People will die, not just because of lack of info, but because people like you prevent beta testers from revealing info. Nobody's gonna come out with info if you keep threatening beta testers like that!"
"Y/nn, that's enough."
I looked at Kirito. He had a smile that wasn't genuine, but fake. He wasn't the Kirito I knew.
"Back during the beta test, many people were mobs who barely knew how to level up. Just don't confuse me with those rubbish testers."
He out on a coat and started to leave.
I ran after him. So did Asuna.
"Wait! I'll come with you."
"No. I'm going alone."
"But-"
"Asuna, take care of her for me, please?"
"Oh okay...."
And with that, he left.

Lol Hey guys, Author here. Thanks for checking out this story. Lolz I may not be in the right mind while writing this, mind you.