Chapter 4: A Dinner And An Invitation

Your POV~
We were having a meeting about a floor boss battle, which me and Asuna were in charge of. And things...were heated, to say the least. Mainly between Asuna, Kirito and me.
"We'll use NPCs to lure the boss, then kill it while it's distracted."
"Hey! They may be NPCs, but they aren't objects!"
"They respawn! We don't."
"But-"
"Listen Beater! Me and Y/n are in charge of this operation, which means you'll listen to our orders no matter what!"
"Yeah? Well has Y/n said anything?"
"Kirito, Asuna, stop! That's enough! First of all, Asuna, can't we push the date a bit further? Then everyone can have the chance to level up and be stronger before the boss battle."
"I'm sorry Y/n but we don't have that luxury."
"Alright then. Fine, as Prime Vice Commander of the KoB, I suggest that we use Asuna's method."
"See?"
"He-"
"Enough! Meeting dismissed!"
I saw Kirito leave glaring at me. I wanted to talk to him, but Asuna grabbed my shoulder.
"Thanks for backing me up."
"I take the most sensible route, that's all."
"Thanks anyway. Let's go back to headquarters for now."

Kirito's POV~
"Why are you always arguing with those two man?"
"I guess we just don't get along, you know."
"Hey look, it's the dog and her master."
"Who's who?"
I looked at Y/n. She shot me a look before walking away with Asuna.

(Time skip because my brain is blank)

Your POV~
"Haaaaaaaaaaaah!"
And with that final strike, the boss was defeated.
"Great job everyone!"
"Especially you, Y/n."
"Thanks, Asuna."
"You coming?"
"I will leave you two lovebirds to it, Haru."
"Wait-"
"Y/n-"
And I ran off laughing.
Speaking of which, I didn't see Kirito in the boss battle. DID HE REALLY BAIL ON US?
So I went to ruby outside the dungeon, and there I saw him, sleeping under a tree.
"I can't believe you..."
And he slowly opened his eyes.

Kirito's POV~
"I can't believe you..."
I opened my eyes as I heard a familiar voice. Then I saw H/c (#UrHairColor) hair flipping in the wind. Y/n was staring at me with an annoyed expression.
"Seriously...While everyone's clearing a dungeon you are out here sleeping..."
"Can't blame me. The weather's so nice..."
"Everyday here is another day lost un the real world! And we don't have all eternity..."
"Why don't you stop thinking about clearing the game, and start enjoying Aincrad?"
"The weather's always the same in Aincrad."
"You can only feel the difference if you lay down on the grass."
"I'll pass."
"Fine. You're the one missing out."
"Whatever. Stay alive, Kirito."
And she left.

The next day, I was out in the forest when I heard some rustling. A Ragout Rabbit? I threw two picks at it, one to draw it out, and the other to kill it. I then went over to Agil's.
"Dude...This-s is a S class rare it1em! Are you sure you wanna sell it? I mean, why not eat it?"
"Even if I wanted to, I don't have a high enough cooking skill."
"Where are we gonna find that someone?"
Then, somebody poked my shoulder.
"Kirito."
"Found our chef."
"You're not asking me to-" I showed her the ingredient. "Yup."
"I was wondering if you had a high enough cooking skill to prepare it."
"Mine's at max ever since last week."
"Woah."
"Look, I'll prepare it, on the condition you give me half."
"Deal."
"But man, what about me?"
"I'll write you an essay on how it tastes."
I exited the shoo and followed Y/n.
"Hey Kirito, you don't have cooking equipment at your place, right?"
"Erm..."
"Look. Because this is an S class ingredient, and Asuna isn't gonna be home tonight, we'l use my place for once."
"Ok, you're the boss."
"Sieg. Thank you for escorting me. You may now leave."
"But Y/n-sama, I simply do not recommend having someone as shady as him go to your house."
"I know him, Sieg. Do not dabble in my personal matters."
"Isn't that the <War Goddess> from the KoB?"
"She's cute..."
It seems like the whispers blew Y/n's fuse.
"Sieg, no matter what your personal opinions are, as your second in command, I'm now ordering to leave."
She then started dragging me toward the teleport gate.
"Hey-ey, is this okay?"
"Of course it is."
As we walked towars the main town area in floor 55, Y/n started talking again. Before, it was just silence.
"I'm sorry for all the trouble."
"It's nothing, really."
"You know, before all this, our guild was just a simple one where the commander personally scouted players. Mostly elite ones. We never had this bodyguard nonsense until recently."
"It isn't easy, huh."
"Clearly. Anyway, sorry for ranting. Me and Asuna's house is just up ahead."
We stopped at a two storey house. I was really shocked.
"Wait do you two own both floors?"
"Yes. We bought it on a sale, so it wasn't that bad in terms of col."
I entered the really spacious house. There was an entrance area, an open air kitchen, dining room, and stairs leading to the above floor.
"If you wanna freshen up, the bathroom's upstairs. I'll get the things ready."
So I went up and saw a door with a sign saying "Bathroom", a door saying "Asuna", and a door saying "Y/n". There was a little space with some bean bag cushions too.
After freshening up, I went downstairs to see Y/n in the kitchen. She was wearing a loose light grey off shoulder shirt with dark grey straps, and dark grey ribbon criss crossing on either side of her shirt. She was also wearing some dark grey shorts and tights. On too of that, some grey household slippers.
"Wh-Wh-What?"
Y/n started blushing as I stared at her.
"No-Nothing! I just thought you'd be wearing a skirt since your uniform and one too..."
"I didn't choose that uniform. And news flash, I actually complained about it for quite some time."
"Well, I didn't know."
"So! This is the famed Ragout Rabbit, huh?"
"Chef's recommendation."
"Okay, then. let's do a stew."
Y/n materialized a knife, and since ingredients. Her movements were really fluid and she didn't seemed too pressured.
"Cooking in SAO lacks so many steps...It kinda gets boring sometimes, you know?"
"Then why do you still do it?"
Y/n held her chin. "Hm...I guess, it's because it's like one of those little things that remind me of the other side, that remind me I have to try and clear the game. It's kinda silly, but it's true."
I never thought of it that way.
"Anyway, why don't I make some side dishes while the stew is in the oven? I think some mashed potatoes and salad would be nice."
"You're in charge."
After a while, the stew was ready, and Y/n finished the side dishes.
I stayed for a while after eating and we had a chat.
"Wow, I'm so glad I survived long enough to taste that."
"Me too. Thanks for preparing it, Y/n."
"It's nothing major."
She started swirling her tea.
"You know, there are some days where I just forget why I'm even fighting. This place has become...Almost like home to me."
"I get what you're saying."
"We have about 500 players in the front lines right now. But the higher we go, the weaker our front lines get. I sometimes wonder why I'm even fighting, you know. But...I need to get back. There are so many things I haven't done, and I really want to do them. That's why I'm fighting. Even if I fail, I at least want it die trying."
I left her house afterwards, but not before an invitation.
"Hey Kirito..."
"Hm?"
"There's a Christmas festival coming up. I know you spent the last one fighting, so erm...You wanna come to this one with me?"
"Y-yeah...Sure."
"C-cool."
And on that awkward note, we parted ways.

Author: UUUUUGGGHHH. I finally finished this chapter.
You: You don't really need to do anything creative you know.
Author: Wait till the next chapter.
Kirito: You're not gonna do anything weird, right?
Author: *Sticks tongue out* No promises!