Chapter 10: End

Your POV~
  I woke up, without expecting anything, only to find Heathcliff's frantic message.
  "Come on Kirito! Get you ass in fifth gear!"
  "But these two weeks have been so relaxing..."
  "Heathcliff isn't someone to play around. Something must have happened!"

  "Wait...You're saying that 10 members of the scouting team have DIED?!"
  "Indeed, Y/n. You can see why my message was so frantic."
  "Well then, we should take action immediately. An anti-crystal zone..." Kirito had a slight shaken look.
  "The fight will take place in three hours."

  "Three hours till kill...What should we do?" I was sitting on the table.
  "Y/n...Don't get mad at me..." I looked at him. "But...Can you stay behind? I'm worried...That...I can't protect you...In an anti crystal zone..."
  I bolted up. "Are you serious?!" He hung his head as he leaned against a wall. "Do you know what I would do if YOU died?" I walked over. "I'd kill myself."
  He looked at me in shock. "I'd never forgive myself for not risking myself to save you, so what do I have to live for?"
  He hugged me with tears. "I-I'm sorry...It's just...I want to be with you, forever."
  "Me too. But we're on a time limit...We're probably in some hospital...Hooked up to a machine..."
  "At least we'll keep fighting, until the end."

  "Haruki! Asuna!"
  "Hey Y/n, Kirito. You're part of this fight too?" Asuna hugged me.
  "Of course!"
  "Don't count us out." Agil talked from behind us with Klein.
  Haruki fist bumped him. "Your guilds are here, right?"
  Klein looked proud. "Totally."
  Heathcliff entered and used a corridor crystal to open a door to the dungeon.

  Heathcliff opened the door as everyone entered. The battle cries were...Loud.
  "Guys! Look above!" Kirito pointed to the ceiling. A boss in the form of The Skull Reaper was above us.
  In one sweep, it killed two men. "An insta kill!?" Klein was shocked.
  "Everyone! The strongest players, defend the others! Everyone else attack from the sides!" Heathcliff gave out commands left and right.
  We soon decreased the boss's health to a pixel. Kirito and I landed the final attack.
  "It's over..." Asuna collapsed into Haruki's lap.
  "How many did we lose?" Agil looked at Kirito.
  Kirito pulled up his menu. "We lost 14 people."
  "14?!..." Haruki stopped stroking Asuna's head.
  I looked at Kirito. He stared at Heathcliff, who was the only one standing, and looked at the KoB members as if...He was a...God.
Kirito started to grip his sword. "Do it." He looked at me, and nodded.
  Kirito charged straight at Heathcliff, only to...
  "Kirito!" An immortal object sign appeared right next to him. So our theory was correct.
  "What-Commander, what's going on?" Asuna stood up.
  "It's really simple. Even a child knows that there's nothing more boring than to watch someone play a game you love. Is there-"
  "Akihiko Kayaba." I finished Kirito's sentence.
  Heathcliff smiled. "Tell me, how did you two find out?"
  "When Kirito was dueling you, you moved way to fast, outside the limits of SAO players." Kirito nodded in agreement.
  "I was right to pick you as the Prine Vice Commander, Y/n." He opened his menu.   "Indeed, I am Akihiko Kayaba. You should also know that I am the final boss on the 100th floor."
  Everyone gasped in shock.
  "It's a shame to leave things at this, but I have no other choice." He manipulate his menu.
  "You-You played out loyalty!" A KoB member attacked him, only to fall.
  "Paralysis." Heathcliff then applied it to everyone else but me and Kirito.
  "Since you two discovered my identity, I'll give you two a choice. Either one of you will duel me, with my immortality turned off. The other will get the paralysis treatment."
  "I'll duel you." Kirito said this sentence quicker than I did, and soon enough paralysis was applied on me.
  "No-No! Kirito that's not fair!"
  "Can you do something for me, Heathcliff? If I die, can you make sure that Y/n can't kill herself?"
  "That's a suitable reward."
  "No! Heathcliff don't do it! Please Kirito-"
  "I'll win Y/n." He looked at me. "I'll free everyone."
  I could only look with tears streaming down my cheeks.
  If I haven't met him, if I never went to the front lines and fell in love with him, would he be on this path of suicide?
  I don't think I'll ever know, because it's our choices that led us down this path.

  I know that Kirito can't use sword skills, so he's at a major disadvantage. I tried to move my body, but then, it moved. That's it! Glory Judge! No...Heathcliff's gonna kill Kirito!
  I don't know what powered me, but I charged in front of Kirito, blocking Heathcliff's slash.

Kirito's POV~
  Heathcliff was about to hit me when Y/n jumped in front of me, taking the lethal attack.
  She collapsed into me, and I caught her, which caused my battered Dark Repulser to shatter.
  She looked at me in tears. "I'm sorry...But I guess goodbye..."
  And she shattered into polygons of light. It was as if I could see our happy memories in those polygons.
  Her Auroral Memorial dropped from it's familiar position on the floor. It was unsheathed.
  "I guess her will was superior to the system. That's the condition to get Glory Judge as a unique skill. Truly my Prime Vice Commander."
  And he stabbed me. What does it matter anyway? Y/n's gone. I don't have a reason to live.
  But then, Y/n popped into my mind. I promised I'd win. I took her rapier, and stabbed an unexpecting Heathcliff.

  Light surrounded me. I couldn't see anything. When I opened my eyes again, I could see Aincrad, the castle, crumbling into the sky below.
  "K-Kirito?" I turned around to see the only girl I yearned more than ever to see.
  "Y/n.." And she barreled into me.
  "I died. I'm sorry." She held my hand.
  "Well I died too."
  "Nice view, don't you think?" We turned to see Kayaba.
  "Why...Did you make SAO?" Y/n didn't look at him with rage, but with curiosity.

(Side note I'm changing his reason)

  "How do I put this...I've always dreamed of Aincrad. When I grew older, I created SAO so I could immerse myself in it. I wanted the feeling of a god...To see what it is like inside a game that is a second life." He opened a menu. "All the players are being gradually logged out. The servers are also deleting SAO's data."
  "Well...What about you?"
  "I'll be going. Congratulations, Y/n, Kirito. For clearing SAO."

  We sat on the side of the glass platform.
  "Hey Kirito? Tell me your real name. So I can find you."
  "It's...Kazuto Kirigaya. I'm currently seventeen."
  She laughed. "I worried for nothing. I'm sixteen. Pleased to meet you, I'm Y/n M/n L/n. I'm part (Country other than any in Asia), so I have a middle name, but I usually only write my first and last."
  It was my turn to laugh. "You used your real name?"
  "Asuna did too. So did Haruki. Don't judge."
I saw light. "I guess, see you on the other side, Kirito." She kissed me, and our lips locked as we were logged out from SAO.

  I opened my eyes to see the hospital ceiling. Y/n L/n...I have to find her.

Your POV~
  I opened my eyes to my sister. Is this what it feels to be in a hospital, half sister?
  She hugged me when she saw I was awake.   But my mind was on Kirito. Kazuto Kirigaya, I swear I'm gonna find you.

Hey guys! Love Bonds is NOT finished. The sequel will be about the Alicization Arc, so we still have ALO and GGO, but since GGO only concerns Sinon and Kirito, I'm gonna skip over it and introduce Sinon some other way. Lol thx for supporting me, see you sometime in the future!