Chapter 9: Yui

Your POV~
  I woke up as normal beside Kirito in our Floor 22 house. I usually wake up earlier to get breakfast done, so it's no surprise that Kirito's still asleep.
  I let a little laugh. He's such a large sleep lover. Almost like a baby...Wait, he can't be younger than me right? And with the revelation, I got up and got breakfast done.
  I was just getting the food into a plate when an unexpected hug almost made me drop the plate.
  "K-Kirito!"
  "Calm down, what do you want to do today?"
  I sighed and looked at him. "How about a   walk through the forest?"
  "Anything you say."

  "Hey Y/n, are you afraid of ghosts?"
  "Asuna is, not me. Why?"
  "Well, they say that a ghost haunts this forest, and scare unexpected players..."
  "Wait, what's the youngest age for an SAO player?"
  "I think about 9, why?" I rushed towards the collapsing girl.
  Kirito followed me as I cradled her in my arms. "What's a child like her doing here?"
  "She's not an NPC, that's for sure."
  "But she doesn't have a cursor either."
  "Let's take her back home."

  I put the girl in a bed next to me and Kirito's last night. So when I woke up this morning to see her staring straight at me, I almost fell off the bed.
  I went over and sat on the bed. "Kirito! She's awake!"
  Kirito came over. "Hey there, what's your name?"
  "...Yui?...Yui, I think."
  "That's a pretty name. What were you doing in the forest?"
  "I..Don't know..."
  I felt pity for her. "Kirito, let's take her to Floor 1 and see if anyone knows her."
  "Sure. By the way, my name is Kirito, and she's Y/n."
  "Ki...to? I'm sorry, I can't say it."
  "Then call us whatever you want." She looked at me.
  "Mommy, and daddy."
  I exchanged a look with Kirito, before picking Yui up. "Alright then, what do you say to breakfast?"

  I gave Kirito some spicy sandwiches, and Yui loved it too. After that, we went to the 1st floor, with Kirito piggy backing Yui.
  "Hey Kirito? How many players are still alive?"
  "About 7000? Maybe?"
  "What's that player doing?" I pointed at a man staring at a tree. "I'm going to ask him."
  "Excuse me, what are you doing-"
  "Shush, woman. You're here for the col, aren't you?"
  "No actually...Does this tree give you something to trade for col?"
  "Yes. A fruit that you can exchange for 5 col."
  "I'm pretty sure you can get at least 20 col by killing a boar..."
  "Are you crazy?!" The man made me jump, while Kirito almost dropped Yui to get his sword. Yui didn't seem to mind. "Going out there? Do you want to die?"
  I looked at Kirito. I guess we have been fighting on the front lines for so long that death...doesn't really cross our minds until we actually die.
  We left the man as we walked along the market. "Where can we find someone to ask..." Kirito thought aloud.
  "Leave those children alone!" I turned to an alleyway.
  "Kirito, come on! Someone's in trouble!"

Kirito's POV~
  We ran into the alleyway to see some ALS members and a woman in nun clothing.
  "We'll need everything ma'am, including your arm."
  "Leave them alone!"
  I jumped over the people. Y/n followed suit, but she did some twirl in the air which was really graceful. She looked at the three children. "It's okay now, pick up your stuff."
  "But these are taxes..."
  "There are no taxes in SAO. So pick it up." Y/n turned to the ALS guys with a stern face.
  "Hey! No one interferes-"
  "I got this."
  The guy that seemed to be the leader walked towards Y/n. She shot me a "I'll be okay" look.
  "You're new around here huh? Because we are with the Aincrad Liberation Army and you do NOT mess with us!" He swung his sword around, which made the children flinch, but not Y/n.
  "Put that away before your idiocy causes trouble." I laughed at Y/n's snappy remark.
  "Oh and what can you do?"
  Y/n manipulated her menu to equip her <Auroral Memorial>, And took out the rapier. "Kirito take care of Yui."
  "Got it."
  She turned back to the guy.
  "What?"
  And stabbed him.

Your POV~
  I used a basic sword skill, and threw the General off balance.
  "Why you-"
  I stabbed him again and again, knocking him into and alley wall.
  "Don't worry, this is a safe zone, right? You only get a mild knock back effect in safe zones, so I can deplete your health unless we duel. However," I tightened my grip. "A fight with me, real or not, is still gonna scare the hell out of you."
  "W-Who are you?!"
  I smiled. "Y/n, floor clearer, prime vice commander of the KoB. Pleased to meet you." A look of shock spread through his face. After that all the men ran.
  "Cowards..." I turned to see the children with shocked faces as well. Not the good type of shocked.
  I hung my head. But then...
  "That was so awesome!"
  "I wanna fight like you, big sis!"
  I looked at Kirito. "See, your mom's pretty awesome, right?"
  I walked over. "Mommy? What are your feelings?"
  "Feelings? Hm...I guess happy...Joy."
  "Mommy's heart...is filled with joy..."
"Yui?" I carried her. "What's wrong?"
Suddenly, static noise started, and Yui became frantic.
When the noise subsided, Yui collapsed into my arms. "Mommy...I'm scared..."
I hugged her. "It's okay. We'll be there."