A Different Kind of Christmas (6)

It was finally Christmas break.  Harry was disappointed his parents hadn't talked to him, but he was so excited to go to the Malfoy's. He had packed up his bags and helped Draco pack up all of his various hair gels and combs. They were ready and they were both excited. Draco kept talking to Harry about the ball held at their estate every Christmas. He was so excited for Harry to attend. he had picked out dress robes for him. He had even invited Crabbe and Goyle to come as well. 

Soon the train stopped at the station. Eager families waited to bring their kids home for break. Even the Potters. Alex was one of the first ones off the train receiving a warm hug from his parents. Harry watched with envy. He shouldn't want this. He was moving on, they hurt him for long enough. He kept telling himself he was ready to move on but was he really? His parents smiled and helped Alex with his bags. They didn't even glance at him. His heart shattered. 

"Are you ok?" Draco asked him with concern in his voice. 

Harry quickly shook off the feeling and smiled

"Yeah" 

They got off the train to be met by Draco's parents. 

"Darling how are you? This must be Harry." Mrs.Malfoy looked kind. Her smile wasn't overexaggerated, but it was calming. 

"Good afternoon Mrs.Malfoy." He shook her hand smiling. 

"You pick them, well son" Mr.Malfoy said smiling making Draco's face turn a bright shade of red.  Harry took Mr.Malfoy's hand and they apparated to Malfoy Manor. Once they got there, Draco immediately dragged Harry upstairs and to his room. He showed Harry around for the better part of the afternoon. They laughed and had fun as most kids their age should. 

Fast forward to the day of the Ball. Harry was overwhelmed and excited about the whole ordeal. For one the robes, Draco got him was beautiful, but also over-complicated and exuberant. The robes themselves were a deep shade of raven black, that accentuated Harry's hair. His tie was a deep shade of Slytherin green which gave the robes a pop of color, but not so much to make it look unclassy. He got his hair to a manageable look and he was ready. He walked into Draco's room to find him dressed in an elegant looking set of robes, obviously tailor fit to his elevn-year-old frame. 

"told you they were perfect," Draco said smiling. 

Harry laughed slightly before becoming Dracon to come to the ball with him, only so they could enter together. Draco smiled and cheesily took Harry's offered hand as they walked down the stairs and into the packed out ballroom. Crabbe and Goyle waved them down and Harry and Draco rushed over to greet them.

"The ballroom looks fantastic Draco!" Crabbe explained while eating a cupcake from the snack table. 

"Well, it's not like I decorated it." He said smiling 

For the rest of the night, they danced as a group. It almost made Harry forget all his trouble. Everything, just for a night, vanished. He was content. He smiled as he watched his friends laugh at his jokes and scarf down various sweets. Eventually, dinner was served and the guest dismissed. The night left Harry and Draco exhausted. 

"I had a lot of fun, thanks Draco," Harry said as he plopped down on his bed, loosening his tie. 

Draco smiled as he washed out his hair gel in the sink, exposing his unruly platinum blonde hair.  

"I knew you would, and your gonna love my Christmas gift for you." 

"Your gonna love mine too," Harry said grinning from ear to ear. They were so young, but Harry had finally found joy. This was the best Christmas he had ever had, even if it wasn't with his parents.

So I really want to fast forward to year three or four so I can really start off Harry and Draco's romance maybe even Harry and his parent's forgiveness plot. I want to do the Yule ball and all that. I want to know what you guys think about all that and if you think it is a good idea.

Ps. If this confuses anyone, Alex is the real boy who lives, but I probably won't write about seventh year or the battle of Hogwarts.