Alex (13)

Harry looked at Alex carefully. His face looked worried but almost awkward at the same time. He looked as though he had been through a bad storm. Harry kinda felt bad for him, but at the same time, most of his heart was cussing at his brother. Yelling unimaginable words that he had pent up for years. This was the reason his parents forgot about him. He was always the reason. 

Alex looked back at harry. Worry was plastered on his face and no matter how many times he tried, he couldn't keep a poker face. They looked at each other for a little while, before Alex broke the silence. 

"Harry, I know that this seems so random, but I promise it's not. I've been thinking about it for almost the whole summer, and I don't know what to do." 

Harry looked at him and again and took in a deep breath, quietly asking Draco to grab him a chocolate frog from Honeydukes, leaving Alex and him alone in their booth at the tavern. Alex started again once Draco was out the door. 

"Harry I saw your room." 

Harry felt the air getting tense like the whole room had dropped three degrees. Harry knew the state of his room, in fact it was probably worse than when he left. He didn't know if he could ever go back into that room. All the memories and pain that had happened there. All the wanting and waiting, he knew that he couldn't go back there. 

"Harry, I'm really truly sorry. I told our parents about it. I even saw them try to fix it and truthfully they are really trying, and I know they are sorry for forgetting about tea the last week."

"Alex, I don't need a f****ing apology from you. I need one from them and I think deep down you know that and deep down they know that." Harry took a deep breath "Look, Alex, I'm not mad at you. We were both just kids, but for the first time I have a clear head and I think we both know that I have a right to be mad. If you want we can be friends, but I just need some time with Draco. I need to spend time with someone who has been with me through thick and thin."

Alex looked at the door and saw Draco walking towards them. Alex stood up swiftly and exited. His head was full of questions. He didn't want to leave Harry in this way, but he wasn't just going to purposely pour salt in the wound. All of the school was against Alex at the moment. The Triwizard tournament was intense, and more than ever he understood Harry. Despite popular belief, Alex was a nice kid. He wasn't big-headed or narcissistic. He was just a kid, a kid who would grow up quite fast this year. 

"I swear Drake, it's like my parents don't understand human emotion," Harry said with a slight giggle. 

Draco smiled at his boyfriend. He was dealing with this well. 

"I know just the thing to cheer you up," Draco said with a bright smile. "We are going shopping for the Yule Ball."

Harry was very much excited. He had never truly gone shopping for anything other than Christmas gifts for friends. He wasn't the type to buy things for himself, and maybe it had something to do with his upbringing. He was excited. 

"You know, I saw a dress shop down the street." Harry looked down at the table, almost scared to see Draco's answer. Harry had never worn anything feminine, and frankly, he wasn't feminine, but he really wanted to wear a dress. Draco looked at Harry with loving eyes,

"Of course, that sounds wonderful." Harry perked up immediately at the answer and dragged Draco out of the tavern. Draco frantically put money on the table, trying to keep up with Harry. 

The shop almost seemed to glimmer in the mid-afternoon sun. It was painted a pale yellow and had long beautiful dresses displayed in the windows. The door chimed as Harry and Draco made their way inside. Harry almost immediately saw what he wanted. 

The dress was floor length with a tight jeweled top. It flared out at the bottom, but not so much that it is hard to dance in. I was a dark emerald green, that complimented Harry's eyes. It was honest to God perfect. Harry tried on the dress, not letting Draco see what he was going to wear. The sample size fit him like a glove. He had bought a flower crown of silver jewels to match. He put it in his mop of hair and looked in the mirror. It was absolutely perfect. The crown complimented his short hair and almost outlined his cheekbones. He was so ready for the dance. He quickly bought the dress and went to the dress robes store next door. 

Harry told Draco to wear something green so they could match, so Draco found a dress robe with a black outer and dark green shirt inside. Harry helped him pick out a tie and they were out. Harry couldn't wait to show Pansy the dress he had chosen. She had been pushing him into wearing what he wanted for a while, but not until now had he really acted on it. He was very excited, and he knew Pansy would be ecstatic. 

Draco was glad he could put the other day's events behind them, and as they walked through the bleach white snow, Draco put his arm around Harry, quickly giving him a kiss as they slowly made their way back to Hogwarts. 

I don't usually use pictures, but I really wanted to do visuals for Harry's dress

I don't usually use pictures, but I really wanted to do visuals for Harry's dress. this story is growing so quickly and it's so cool. Thanks for sticking around. Just enjoy and have fun.