The Tie (7)

It was year four. Harry hadn't talked to his parents since his first year, and by now he didn't want to. He wasn't truly ready to forgive him. Would he ever be ready? The Slytherin four were closer than ever, seeing that Harry was staying at one of their houses every break. Alex had started to mature, but he was mortal enemies with anyone in Slytherin. From what Harry could tell he had been on some dangerous adventures. Little did either know, this year would be the turning point of both their stories. 

Harry boarded the train with Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle. He was ready for this year. It was the year that Hogwarts would hold the Triwizard tournament. Neither he, nor any of his friends were old enough to enter, but the event was historical. 

"To a new year" Draco bought their annual four chocolate frogs. Harry smiled as he pulled the card out of the wrapper. 

It was a young Alex Potter, with a devastated nine-year-old Harry watching from the stairs. Draco put his hand on Harry's shoulder and smiled. Harry looked at Draco He looked older, more mature. He now had muscles from quidditch and his platinum hair stood out accentuating all of his other features. He was stunning. 

The rest of the train ride was occupied by time-consuming chatter about summer break and the schools visiting Hogwarts. Draco talked about how he might have gone to Dumstrang and Crabbe talked about the girls at Beauxbaton. Draco had come out as gay in his third year, so it was no surprise he was not interested in the French blondies coming to visit.

The first day of Hogwarts went on as normal, the introduction of their new guest and the announcement of the Yule ball. Harry and Draco both got beet red as they caught each other looking in one another direction. Harry smiled at Draco. Maybe this was the year. With that in mind, they headed up to the common room and fell into a deep slumber.

The next morning, Harry was up bright and early. He combed his hair and checked on a sleeping Draco, who was as still as a brick, lying in bed. 

"Draco...Draco...DrAcO...DRACO!" Harry gradually poked and prodded at Draco to wake him up. 

"I'm up," He said in a tired voice as he slugged out of bed. 

"Breakfast is in about half an hour and frankly that's how long it takes you to do your hair and pretend you know how to tie a tie." Harry grinned a mischievous grin as he tied on Draco's tie for him. 

Draco looked deeply into his eyes. They sparkled an emerald green. He got closer and closer and soon their lips were locked. 

Harry looked at Draco, surprised, and then smiled.

"I didn't think you knew," Harry said, a smile escaping.

"I just guessed," Draco smiled at Harry, "I guess I owe you a date now." 

Harry turned beet red.

"I guess you do."

Harry combed down Draco's hair and they held hands as they walked into Breakfast together. The moment was perfect. It had been years of waiting, but it had all been perfect. 

Sorry if the chapter is shorter, but I feel it just has to end there, I don't know if it was too soon, but I love that moment so I stand by my decision. Thank you all so much for 400 reads. That is so amazing and cool. I know I sound cheesy, but it's fun knowing people like something you enjoy doing for fun.