Superhero

I am writing this one shot inspired by two things.

1.) @JeddieJay and "The Confessions of a Gay Disney Prince"

2.) Cher Llyod's song "Superhero"

Part 7 of the "One Shot Song Series"

--------------------

(Kaylee Strauss and Ashton Irwin are standing in their living room, it's late evening, the scene starts in the middle of an argument that has been brewing all day)

Kaylee: "You didn't use to be like this!"

Ashton: (Angry) "Like what?"

Kaylee: (Flustered) "A-a-a jerk! A right twat!"

Ashton: "You started this argument!"

Kaylee: "No! I didn't! You did with that stupid comment you made!"

Ashton: (Annoyed, he rolls his eyes) "What comment?"

Kaylee: "When we were at the cafe with everybody! And you had to look macho and insult me."

Ashton: (Really annoyed) "Oh!" (He takes a sarcastic tone) "You mean when I asked if you were going to eat all of you three thousand chicken strips!"

Kaylee: "NO!" (She mocks him) "You're going to eat all of those?"

Ashton: "There were twenty chicken strips on that plate! I thought you were on a diet!"

Kaylee: "Oh my god! Are you calling me fat?"

Ashton: "No!" (He takes a sarcastic tone again, rolling his eyes) "Yes! That's exactly what I was saying!"

Kaylee: "You asshole!"

Ashton: (He rolls his eyes, and he starts walking away, yelling as he does so) "I will be sleeping in the guestroom, if you need me."

-

(The next morning, Ashton is in the kitchen, eating breakfast when Kaylee comes in and starts pouring herself a bowl of cereal)

Ashton: (Snarky) "Are you sure you should eat that much? I mean, you are on a diet."

Kaylee: (She stops, she turns to face Ashton) "I take back what I said last night, you aren't acting like a twat. You are acting like a villian." (She turns back to her breakfast but doesn't continue making it, she tries to hide the fact that she is tearing up)

Ashton: "A villian? Really? That's all you got?" (He gets up and puts his bowl in the sink, knocking Kaylee's shoulder on the way out)

-

(That evening Ashton comes back and Kaylee is sitting on the couch, wearing her pj's, watching some tv program)

Ashton: "Wow, have you done anything today?"

Kaylee: (Weakly) "Fuck off."

Ashton: "Right, okay. I'm gonna go change and then I am going to make some dinner. Fend for yourself."

(Kaylee just sits on the couch, waiting for Ashton to come back, when he does, she stands up and looks at him)

Kaylee: "I don't know what happened. You are fighting me, I have to fight like frickin' Wonder Woman or summat. I don't wanna fight. I don't wear tights, I don't fly. You are hurting me. It's not physically, I won't have and bumps or bruises to show."

Ashton: "What?"

Kaylee: "It's like you want to fight. I don't want to fight you like we are a superhero and villian comic. You aren't this villian you are acting like right now. And I can assure you, I am no superhero. I can't handle you being like this."

Ashton: (He struggles to find a response) "I'm no superhero either, and I don't wanna be the villian you think I am. I love you Kay, I miss you. I'm sorry."