✦Getting Cozy

Contest/Challenge: Weekly Prompts By IBFanficCommunity

Week: 1

Prompt: "Wait, don't pull away...not yet!"

Word Count : 1400 words.

• • •

I smiled walking up to the drinks counter. It had been a year I hadn't attended any late night party. All thanks to the travel and workload. Add family troubles to that. I was glad that I took up Rashi's invitation. They were all surprised to see me. They all assumed that the college social butterfly had finally found home. Little did they know that I had friends other than them as well. Globally! I ran my hand through my hair requesting for apple juice. I looked around. On the barstool, one away from mine sat a man. He was enjoying his drink. Savoring it one sip at a time. I looked in the direction of his gaze. Ahh, he was busy watching the dancing people. 

I took my sweet time checking him out. He was well dressed. From what I could make out in the dimly lit room, he had a nice stubble. Sharp jawline. Oh, how I wished the lighting was brighter in the room just so I could check him out. I turned when I heard the click sound as the bartender placed the glass before me. I picked up the glass rotating my barstool.  

As I took my first long sip I noticed him. My ex-boyfriend. What on earth was she doing here? He hated parties didn't he? I quickly turned slightly not wanting to catch his eye. I was now facing the handsome man. I looked through the corner of my eyes and I saw him, Omkara Singh Oberoi, my ex boyfriend. He was moving in my direction. There was a pretty woman, petite but very attractive by his side. Wow. What a catch! This isn't how I would want him to see me. All alone sulking in a shadow. I had a repo to keep. I thought of walking away but hey that's not me. 

I smiled as an idea struck me. I got off the barstool and walked up to the charming man. "Hey, can I ask you for a favor?" I asked in my best flirtatious tone. 

"Depends on what the favor is?" He spoke rotating he seat such that he was now facing me. Damn, that was quite a handsome face. "Nothing much. Would you mind pretending to be my boyfriend? Just a cozy hug?"

He blinked and there was amusement written all over his face. "Are you drunk?" His question had me grinning. "You wish. No I am not. Actually I .."

"Let me guess, it's some stupid dare?" I chuckled, "wrong again!" He looked at me curiously. "My ex boyfriend is here. With a pretty date on his arm. I just you know..." I tried explaining.

"Ahaan, you want to make him jealous!" He cut me off. I rolled my eyes. "No. I am over him and I have moved on. Just that I want him to see that I have got someone nice too!"

"Nice? Me? I get it now, this is your way of flirting?"

"God, is it so hard for you to not make conclusions on everything I utter? I mean...fine granted you look handsome." I spoke hurriedly seeing Omkara much closer now.

"Go ahead. What do you want to do?" He grinned placing his glass on the counter. "Are you drunk?" I made my doubt loud. "You wish!" He answered coolly winking. I grinned as he got off the barstool. Damn, his perfume mixed with the scent of rich scotch was a deadly combination. I raised my hands to place it on his shoulder but before I could place them his hands held mine. His hold gentle. "We are not dancing. " saying that he placed my hands on his shirt over his chest.