Chapter Twelve

Boba stood in the middle of the common room, staring blankly at where (y/n) was once standing. His mind was whirling at what she had said to him. The same battle raged in his mind like it did while he was searching from the runaway, but one side seemed to be winning now. A dark, uneasy feeling creeped into his being, making him almost feel nauseous. Shaking the feeling away, Boba followed after the retreating girl. He heard the hiss off a door closing and followed the sound further into the ship. The hallway was quiet, so Boba continued to walk on, but stopped when he thought he heard something. It was quiet and definitely would have been miss if he would have been someone else. It was soft, muffled by the metal door, and caused Boba to stop completely. He walked closer to the door expelling these sounds. Stealthily he leaned against the wall, trying to decipher what the noice was. As Boba listen, he could hear sniffling and muffled sobs. This only caused the dark feeling to return, only this time, a deep pressure was added on it. Boba sighed heavy, hating the strange sensation that rarely came to him.

Not wanting to hear the girl cry anymore, Boba pushed himself off the wall and headed towards the exit of the ship. He quickly hopped off the ship and noticed a deck officer sitting on a crate with his feet propped up on another. Boba quickly walled over to him, flicking a credit to him.

"Make sure no one leaves or enters that ship. If someone does, notify me." Boba said, not letting the man fully reply as he was hurried into the night. The streets were not crowded like they were when the sun was high. Sure, there were a few drunks, bums, and night owls, but not as suffocating as before. The Mandalorian was able to take long, fast strides through the street and not having to worry about anyone. He weaved through the closed merchant shades and alleys till he approached a dark building. The once lighted sign was faded and worn.  Boba opened the door, dismissing the closed sign.

The little shop was dimly lit by a white light shining over the counter in the far back. A red head man stood hunched over a heap of metal parts as he welded a few of them together. Big dark goggles covered his eye as he stared at the sparks. Boba just slowly walked towards the red head, keeping to the shadows of the shelves of junk. The red head suddenly looked up, aware that he wasn't alone anymore.

"The shop's closed," he called out taking his goggles and dropping the to hang loosely around his neck. "So will you get out?" He asked a hand pulling a blaster from behind the counter. Boba rolled his eyes and stepped out, revealing himself. The red head's bright green eyes widen as he pointed the blaster at the bounty hunter. "You! Get out! Now!" He said taking a few steps backwards, but the blaster remained firmly pointed at Boba.

"Chill, Shay," Boba said walking towards the mechanic, "I'm here to call in that favor you owe me."

Shay scoffed, his blaster lowering slightly. "And why would I do that, after what you did?"

"Because you still owe me." Boba stated walking closer to the red head. "And this is how I'm choosing for you to pay. Of course I could always find other ways." Shay stood there, his back against wall, weighing the options in his head. They weren't the best options in Shay's mind, but what other choice did he have. Boba Fett was in his shop demanding to collect. Groaning, Shay placed the blaster on the counter top. He grabbed a rag off the counter and started to wipe his hands down as he walked over to the center of his counter.

"Fine, what do you need?" Shay asked approaching Boba. Boba smirked slightly under his helmet.

"Information. I was attacked and I want to know by who." said Boba as he approached Shay, leaning slightly on the counter top. Shay just looked at him, annoyance in his eyes, telling him to go on. "There was a green Phindian and a yellow Trandoshan, they were both with a woman. Human." Shay nodded as he listen to what the hunter was telling him. He opened a little bronze disk, it flashing a blue light as a screen showed. Shay flicked through it, searching around for the people Boba described. He'd click the screen, swipe, and flick at the holoscreen till he turned it around.

"Recognize any of these?" Shay asked, pushing the disk towards Boba. Boba studied the screen, looking at every face, but quickly dismissing every Phindian and Trandoshan and human girl. Suddenly Boba stopped, a Phindian with ridged scar running down his face. The Phindian was snarling at the photo, showing off yellowed teeth. Boba immediately recognized the crude face, knowing it was the creature that shot him out of the air when him and (y/n) were trying to escape them.

"This one." Boba stated, turning the disk back to Shay. Shay quickly looked at the holoscreen, analyzing the photo. Silence fell over the duo as the mechanic worked quickly, muttering silently under his breath.

A few minutes passed when Shay spoke up, "Found him." He turned the holoscreen back to Boba. "His name is Zanif Calyzo, a rogue hunter who works with a Trandoshan, Trazzik." The screen showed the same Trandoshan that Boba shot. Nodding along with everything Shay said, he looked through file on the rogues. They were once apart of the guild, but then fell away and broke the code. The duo would hunt not only bounties, but other bounty hunters. Boba nodded as he read their file. Everything was starting to make sense, but one thing was still a puzzle to him. The woman. The file mentioned nothing about the female, only to two males. Who was she?

Boba hummed out in thought, pushing the disk back to Shay. Shay looked at the disk then back at Boba.

"They're hunting you, aren't they." It was more of a statement than a question. Boba didn't feel the need to answer, thinking about what his next plan was. Shay scoffed, shocked at the Mandalorian. "Boba, these people are killers!"

"Well so am I."

"I mean they kill people like you." Shay sassed rolling his eyes.

"What about the girl," Boba changed the subject, "Anything on her?" Shay sighed and turned back to the holoscreen.

"What does she look like?"

"Very dark skinned with black hair, human." Boba replied. That was as much as he could recall from that day. Shay search the database, pulling up another set of photos. He showed them to Boba, waiting to see if the hunter recognized any of them. Boba flicked through every picture, the few pictures that were there. Not a single one of them struck a flare of recognition. Boba shook his head, groaning in frustration. He wanted to know more about the mysterious hunter before he did anything. Boba turned the disk off, knowing there was nothing else it could help him with. Shay looked at him curiously, furrowing his eyebrows. Boba said nothing, only slid the disk back to Shay who caught it under his palm. The Mandalorian turned around, starting for the exit.

"What are you planning?" Shay called out, putting the disk back in it's place.

"To find out who wants me dead."

Yay!! Another quick update!! Thank you all so much for the love and positive comments!! See you next chapter!!