the need for speed racer

"c'mon simone we're gonna miss it!" mia exclaimed to her best friend simone as they were going through the crowd of people anticipating the race.

mia decided to her drag her best friend simone asher out to the race tonight. while mia has been out to these races before, this was simone's first time. even though simone was familiar with the concept, she never felt the need to go out to see it for herself. she did today though.

"what's the hype about these? and why are their so many people here?" simone asked her friend.

"girl how you've been living in LA since you've been in the womb and don't know about the races is crazy" mia said to her. "it's so fun out here".

"you had me put on my cute heels for a damn nascar race" simone scoffed.

"don't you see all of the fine ass guys here? it's a good thing you're wearing those heels. your supermodel ass is showing out!" mia said.

right as mia said that, a group of guys passed by them. so that furthered mia's point, although simone wasn't complaining. not one bit.

"exactly simone, exactly" mia smirked as she saw simone's reaction to the guys.

the engine from the car signaled that the race was officially about to begin. everyone fled to the side of the road to see the cars drive off, rooting for their favorites.

the tall brownskin woman, who we now know as ken made sure that no civilians were in the way before she sent the racers off.

"are y'all ready for this shit?!" she yelled out as everyone went wild.

the "ok" from the racers gave ken the signal to make her call. she counted down from three, to two, and then to one as the racers sped down the street. the crowd was cheering like crazy and as soon as the cars were off, the people ran into the streets going even more crazy.

it was so amusing to simone seeing people go crazy over street racing, but that's how it was in LA. it was a lifestyle.

"when are they gonna come back?" simone asked mia as they were awaiting the first racer to return.

the people started to make noise once the 99' nissan skyline pulled up back on the block

the people started to make noise once the 99' nissan skyline pulled up back on the block. the crowd went wild as bullitt won the race, continuing his great rep of being the street's top racer.