family (one)

"what the hell am I gonna wear?" simone said to herself as she was going through her drawers and closet to find an outfit.

she was going with brian to dom's cookout and since she would be around some of his friends for the first time, she needed to dress nicely, so she needed to wear the perfect outfit to impress.

"wear the von dutch tank top" mia told her on the phone as she called her up to get her fashion advice.

"I wore that like last week it's dirty" simone said. "I don't know if I wanna wear a dress, a skirt, some jeans, shorts.... I don't know".

"well you're going to a cookout so wear something cute but comfortable" mia said.

"imma just wear a skirt. it's a summer in july, it's hot as fuck" I said.

looking through her closet, simone took out a jean skirt and a black baby phat tank crop top, finally finding something to wear.

"I wish I could show you the look right now cause I look good" I said. "should I wear a belt?".

"no simone let your waist FLY!" mia exclaimed.

"you right" she chuckled as she looked at herself in the mirror. "so I think i'm ready, I just need to do my hair".

"you go do that, have fun today simone and when it's over call me and give me all the details" mia told her.

"of course! bye mia" simone said back.

"bye".

once mia and simone stopped talking, simone put the phone back on the handset and went to the bathroom to do her hair. she was so happy that darryl wasn't home at the moment. they've both been in and out the house after each other so it's like they've barely interacted since the incident at the park.

it's usually like simone leaves out for work and darryl is fast asleep. then while simone's at work, darryl goes out. then when simone comes back, he's gone and doesn't come back until she's asleep. then of course when she's out with friends or brian, he's home. it's always been that way but it grew even more when the incident happened. it felt like they weren't even living together when they were. and to both of them, it was fine like that.

looking at herself in the mirror, simone was very pleased with herself and her look. brian should be here any minute to get her so they can go to the cookout at dom's.

and about ten minutes later, he arrived.

"hey b" simone said as she got in brian's car.

"hey babe" brian said back after he gave simone a kiss. "you ready".

"yup" she said.

brian pulled off from the house and they drove all the way to the other side of LA to go to dom's place.

"I have to wonder, is it a hassle for you to drive all around LA, like from watts to where you and your friends live?" simone asked him.

"it can be, especially when traffic hits but at least it's worth it" brian said as he looked at her.

"you gonna do that stare and drive thing again?" simone chuckled.