should i stay or should i go? (two)

"what do you want for breakfast girl?" mia asked simone as she was gonna start making breakfast soon.

"pancakes, eggs, and bacon" simone told her. "I can help you if you need it".

"you were going to anyways" mia chuckled. "you'll do pancakes and i'll do eggs and bacon".

"okay" simone responded as she took out the ingredients for the pancakes.

halfway through making the breakfast for the two, there was a knock on the door. since simone was just waiting for the pancake to be brown and mia was actually on the stove with the eggs, she went to open the door.

the person who was at the door was someone that simone was not expecting.

especially since that person was brian.

simone didn't say anything but just look at brian and brian was at a similar loss for words. they haven't spoken to each other in a week and they both thought that they would be out of each other's lives for good. but now here they are, face to face, and yet they're at a loss for words.

mia came out of the kitchen and saw that brian was here and she was stunned to see him. she also knew that they needed to talk urgently so she knew what to do to break the ice between the awkwardness going on.

"simone how about you and brian catch up... i'll finish breakfast" mia said to her. "you can eat when y'all done".

simone just nodded her head as she lead the way to take brian into mia's bedroom. brian sat down on the bench that mia had in her room and mia closed the door and sat on the bed. they were both still silent, as they just stared at each other. the awkwardness that was once in the living room was now in the bedroom, and it was confusing for both. especially since they both thought that when they would see each other again they would both be happy.

instead of happiness and kissing, they were just silent. pure silence.

"I see you're living with mia now" brian said two minutes later finally breaking the silence.

"yeah" simone sighed.

"how come?" brian asked her.

"darryl was pissed that we were together and that I wouldn't leave you and I was pissed that he was trying to control my life so I left my house and I'm staying with mia until I find my own place" simone told him.

"it's because of me?" brian wondered.

"you know darryl doesn't like you so yeah. I wasn't gonna lose you though so I gave up my brother for you" she said.

"however I don't know if that was a good or bad thing considering that you haven't said a word to me since that day. so maybe I was wrong".

"I was just in a bad place the past week" brian told her.

"bad place? what was wrong?" simone wondered.

"I was lost since I lost my friends and felt like my rep in the streets was gone, I felt like I lost everything" he said.

"you didn't lose me" she said. "you never lost me... so why didn't you ever talk to me? why did you never come see me?".

"why did you never come see me, why did you never come and talk to me?" he asked her back.