--- 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕗𝕚𝕧𝕖

☾ ☼ ☽

"𝖤𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒𝗈𝗇𝖾'𝗌 𝗌𝗈 𝗌𝗈𝖿𝗍, 𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒𝗈𝗇𝖾'𝗌 𝗌𝗈 𝗌𝖾𝗇𝗌𝗂𝗍𝗂𝗏𝖾𝖣𝗈 𝖨 𝗈𝖿𝖿𝖾𝗇𝖽 𝗒𝗈𝗎? 𝖸𝗈𝗎'𝗋𝖾 𝗁𝖺𝗇𝗀𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗈𝗇 𝗆𝗒 𝗌𝖾𝗇𝗍𝖾𝗇𝖼𝖾𝗌𝖸𝗈𝗎 𝖼𝖺𝗇 𝗄𝖾𝖾𝗉 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝖼𝗈𝗌𝗍𝗎𝗆𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖼𝖺𝗇 𝗄𝖾𝖾𝗉 𝗒𝗈𝗎�...

𝖣𝗈 𝖨 𝗈𝖿𝖿𝖾𝗇𝖽 𝗒𝗈𝗎? 𝖸𝗈𝗎'𝗋𝖾 𝗁𝖺𝗇𝗀𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗈𝗇 𝗆𝗒 𝗌𝖾𝗇𝗍𝖾𝗇𝖼𝖾𝗌
𝖸𝗈𝗎 𝖼𝖺𝗇 𝗄𝖾𝖾𝗉 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝖼𝗈𝗌𝗍𝗎𝗆𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖼𝖺𝗇 𝗄𝖾𝖾𝗉 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝗆𝖺𝗌𝗄
𝖨'𝗆𝖺 𝗍𝖺𝗄𝖾 𝖺 𝖻𝗈𝗐 𝗌𝗈 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖼𝖺𝗇 𝗄𝗂𝗌𝗌 𝗆𝗒 𝖺𝗌𝗌."
𝗱𝗿𝗮𝗺𝗮 𝗰𝗹𝘂𝗯 𝗯𝘆 𝗺𝗲𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘇

☾ ☼ ☽

"I'm kinda lost," Ricky told Carlos during after school rehearsal. "If the play's over, why would we still be dancing?"

"To show us what hell looks like if it was a musical," Alice said from her spot on the sidelines.

"It's a curtain call," Carlos corrected, "You're the last two to come out. We want to bring the audience to their feet."

"Teach them the dance," Ricky shot back.

"Carlos? Can we wait for Miss Jenn?" Nini asked.

"Miss Jenn is busy tracking down a prop. She's asked me to create a crescendo, people, so let's stop swirling and start twirling."

"But why are we practicing the bows when we haven't even practiced the play?"

"Because you start with the hardest dance that takes the longest to learn. It's in The Big Book of Broadway. Page 374. Okay, people. Let's take it from three counts of eight, right before Troy and Gabriella's entrance for the bows. A five, six, seven, eight." The dance started out great... until Ricky and Nini came out. Nini started to dance while Ricky cluelessly wandered around.

"I can't do this. I'm sorry."

"What is he doing?" Nini asked Carlos.

"You're talking to him? I'm here."

"'Cause you're not... here. Not for the right reasons."

"What's that mean?"

"What I said, Ricky. You hate musicals. You're doing this so we're in each other's grills."

"Back to the dance, please!" Carlos tried to intervene, but Nini wasn't done.

"Now you're rubbing some weird cologne on your neck."