Chapter 5

Maya woke up the next morning confused about where she was remembering that it was Kona.
She sighed as she grabbed her phone seeing it's twelve but knowing it wasn't.
She quickly set her phone tk the Hawaii time revealing that it was half past seven.
She got dressed and headed out to the ocean.

The waves breaking did have a way of calming herself down even if it did probably wake her up

She exhaled the fresh sea water air as Josh sat down next to her.

"Morning, Squirt," Josh said as Maya shake her head.
"Morning," Maya said fiddling with her finger nael.
"So, how come you're up so early?" Josh asked.
"It's half past seven. Thought everyone would be awake by now. Guess it is early for someone on vacation," Maya said laughing.
"Yeah, it is. But, hey. You have always been weird," Josh said and Maya sighed.
"Are you doing to do this the entire time? Insult me and try to let me forget about my feelings for you by breaking me down," Maya said and Josh looked at her.
"If you are, well done, Josh. You officially took my father's place on the list," Maya said and stood up.
"What list?" Josh asked.
"The 'men to keep out of my life' list. Be warned my father was the only one on there so watch out. If you're going to be like this I don't even know why we would even be friends," Maya said and went down to the beach.

Josh looked at the young girl which was clearly confused about why Josh would suddenly become like he was just so she could leave him alone.
She tried to remain calm as she didn't want to think about what she had just said.
She obviously didn't mean it but she was so angry at what he was doing she didn't want to talk to him.
Why?
Why after all these years does he have a problem?
But all of her questions were left unanswered along with her uncertainty.

~

"Has he proved you wrong yet?" Riley asked.

It was now way later during the day and per usual was Maya and Riley discussing Josh which Maya had enough of by now.
Maya shakes he read as she gives her a smile.

"But if he does, I know where he'll be," Maya said.
"Where?" Riley asked.
"On the men to keep out of my life list. He was horrible this morning. I don't want him to change to prove me wrong," Maya said.
"He's a Matthew, Maya. He is going to. Just give him time to destroy your friendship," Riley said.

"Riley, mind if I talk to Maya?" Josh asked and Maya sighed.
"Of course, Uncle Josh. Good luck," Riley whispered as she walked past Maya allowing her uncle past.

"Okay, so I put thought in what you told me this morning and yes. Maybe I was a bit too much. I'm sorry," Josh said and Maya looked at him instantly standing up.
"Maya, wait," Josh said causing Maya to turn around.
"I don't want this to ruin our friendship. Can we please just go back to being friends?" Josh asked and Maya walked away.