Chapter 9

Early the next morning and now it was Friday.
Maya was so confused over what she was going to that she couldn't even sleep so she decided to go on a jog.
She quickly changed clothes before she headed out of the guest house.

"Early to be out on your own, don't you think?" Josh asked and Maya looked at him

"You boys are messed up and twice as confusing as woman," Maya said and Josh stopped her from going forward.
"What's going on, Maya?" Josh asked.
"I'm supposed to be asking that question. What..." Maya said as she dragged Josh aside.
"Were you thinking? You say you're gonna convince me you feel nothing and then yesterday you kiss me. Or is that just how the Matthews work?" Maya asked.
"No, it's not how we work," Josh said.
"What is it then Josh? Luckily it didn't mean anything," Maya said.
"Yeah, I believe, ya," Josh said smiling.
"It meant nothing," Maya said and turned around.
"Maya," Josh said gabbing her hand pulling her in close touching lips.

As they pulled away, Maya pulled back and instantly stopped when she did notice what is going on.
She looked Josh in the eye as she exhaled.

"See! It does mean something," Josh said.
"I can't," Maya said and Josh smiled.
"But it does," Josh said softly and Maya was off.

__________________________
Why do you guys think is Maya in denial?