Chapter 13

Maya woke up the next morning convincing herself she'll make a decision today but she was very weary.
She jumped out of bed immediately getting dressed as she knew it wasn't going tk be long until Riley comes to wake her up.
She tied her hair up in a bun seconds before Riley came in.

"Ah, you're up. Five minutes then we're heading down to the beach," Riley said.
"Okay give me three," Maya said and Riley was off.

Maya grabbed her backpack looking at her promise ring Riley gave her and went out of the room.
She saw everyone else talking about the day while she didn't know what to tell anyone.
She stood aside when she saw Josh standing next to her.

"You okay?" Josh asked.
"Yeah, I'm fine," Maya said.
"Let's head down to the beach," Riley said.
"Okay, everyone. Gather your stuff," Josh said and they were off.

~

Two hours later.

Maya watched as the ocean became pretty wild and didn't actually know how that was possible.
It was supposed to be a chilled day with everyone just relaxing while they sat staring at the beach.
Josh looked over at Maya where she was kinda a bit confused on what to do next.

"Hey, Maya. Wanna go for a walk?" Josh asked and Maya looked at Riley.
"Sure," Maya said.

Maya and Josh walked awhile until they came to a point where nobody could see them.
Josh went to stand in front of Maya and she looked at him.

"Josh, what are you..."

Before Maya could finish her sentence Josh pulled her in close causing their lips to touch.
The kiss was soft and passionate.
Everything Maya could dream about but it was surely different than the last one.
Maya pulled away looking Josh in the eye before giving him a soft smile.

"We can't do this and you know it," Maya said.
"I do. Made up your mind yet?" Josh asked and Maya let out a chuckle.
"You, Joshua Matthews, are impossible to cope with. I don't want to mess up. Really so I need to figure eout what I want to do. I hope you can understand," Maya said.
"I can. And I'll give you all the time you need," Josh said and Maya smiled.