Chapter 3

Sorry for the delay guys!  Wasn't sure I was going to finish this story.  My muse came back and we'll see where SHE takes us!
***********************************
As we return to Oliver's Choice, our main characters have departed the airport going their separate ways, minds on a million other things in life.

Oliver searched for where he knew his trusted driver Neal would be.  It didn't take long to spot the black on black exterior of the 2019 Escalade waiting with Neal on the outside waiting for him.  Oliver strolled over to his employee and friend for many years, giving him a hand shake and a bro hug.

"How was your flight man?"  Neal asked as they both got into the truck and slowly merged into New York traffic.

"God, don't even ask"  Oliver said sighing and rubbing his face.

"What happened this time?  Ash put you on the wrong flight and had you layover?  Or worse, you had to fly coach?"  Neal asked, laughing heartily at his friend.

Oliver's grey eyes and scowl met Neal's light oceanic blues in the rearview mirror at the mention of him being stuck in coach.

"She put you in coach?!"  Neal couldn't stop laughing it was too funny.  If Neal wasn't a great friend, Oliver would have been cursed him out for laughing at his expense.  He had to admit though,  it was pretty funny.  Not at the time but Oliver had no one to blame for the plane demise but himself. Often times thinking with his little head instead of his head on his shoulders got in the way. 

"Yeah man, laugh all you want, Im firing her ass today!" Oliver said half-heartedly.  Finding her replacement was just another thing on a long list of things Oliver had to do.

Sighing again Oliver told Neal he needed to head to the office to talk to Nate and deal with this girl Ashley once and for all.
*****************
Monica had left the airport a little less in style.  After grabbing a cab and telling the driver her location in the Bronx, Chris and her were on their way.

Monica was beyond nervous.  For all her 24 years of life, her mother was the only real family she had ever known.  Sure, she had little memories of her father but as she grew older the memories faded until she wondered if they were even real.

Her mother wasn't much help in keeping her fathers memory alive.  It wasn't as if the man was dead but in her mothers eyes he might as well had been.  From the little she could get out of her mother, her father up and left one day and never came back with no warning. The only reason her mother knew he didn't die was that he sent his wedding band in the mail and a "measly $100" from what she said often.

Growing up without her father wasn't hard but living with just her mother wasn't easy either.  She was a loving woman, not too strict, but most of the time Monica was left to her own devices because her mother was at work or just out enjoying her life.

Being a shy child didn't help and that shyness followed her all the way into adulthood.  Sure she had a friend here or there but Monica had become custom to being by herself.  After high school the only choice she had was to work and go to the community college, since she couldn't get into a university based on her mediocre test scores.

It wasn't that she was dumb.  Monica just went with the flow, not asking question, since none were asked of her.  Basic and melodramatic some may say but so be it.  That was until she met Chad, Christopher's father.  That would have to be thought about at another time since the cabby had pulled in front of her destination pulling Monica from her thoughts.  It was time to possibly meet more family.
**************
Oliver was a man on a mission.  After talking to Nate on the phone while on the way to the office he felt better.  Of course, Nate also felt his misfortune was hilarious, but after a quick laugh the brut he knew and loved had returned.