New School part 2

Author's message: Please comment or message me about what you think about my first story. Also I am open to suggestions for any part. Thank you for reading.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"My name is J- *coughs* excuse me. Jake."
"Well J- excuse me Jake, I will show you around the school." He says as a friendly tease.
"Jake or JJ will be fine." I laugh at his tease.
"How 'bout Jay?" He asks.
"Yeah that's fine." I say surprisingly liking it. 'I'm going to have to get used to that' I think to myself.
He shows me the court yard which is really big, about as big as a football field.
"Wow. That's big." I say in awe.
"I'll show you something that's big if you're in to big things." He says strangely. 'What does he mean by that? Is he flirting with me?' I think to myself.
"Next is the cafeteria. Ohh and by the way this is what I'm talking about." He says while showing me the big room.
"Holy Shit." I say surprised in awe.
"Language." a teacher says while passing by.
"I didn't know that shit can be holy." Kyle teasingly whispers.
"Sometimes it can." I tease back.
"Okay, time to go to our home room." He brings me down a couple hallways to this smaller yet big room. The sign next to our home room says "11th grade home room" and under that says "Mrs. Grove".
He goes in ahead of me to a group in the back of the room. They all wave to him and start to tell him jokes. Then he gestures for me to come over to him. I go over and he introduces me to three girls and four boys.
"This is Jake." Kyle says. "Jay, this is Tristan, Sabrina, Luke, Heather, George, Victor, and Kayla."
"Hey." I say and wave.
I hear either Kayla or Heather whisper to Luke, "He is cute."
"So, where are you coming from Jake?" Sabrina asks.
"Alaska." I reply.
"What is it like there? Is it true that you ride polar bears to school everyday?" Tristan asks.
I smile and say, "No it's not true, and it's a really good place to live. During the summer it can get to 90 degrees."
Kyle sits down and warns them to not ask too many questions.
A few minutes later class starts and Mrs. Grove takes role call.
"Kyle Fingly!"
"Here."
"Tristan Freme!"
"Here."
"Sabrina Freme!"
"Here."
"Heather Harth!"
"Here."
"Thomson Harth!"
"Here."
"Thompson Harth!"
"Here."
"Fredle Jones! ... Not here."
"Lila Jones!"
"Here."
"Drake King! ... Not here."
"Jake Maroon!"
"Here."
"I didn't know your last name is Maroon." Kyle whispers to me.
"Yeah... I don't really want to talk about it." I reply
"Quite pleased!" Mrs. Grove yells nicely.
"Phillip Nalga!"
"Here."
"George Prodge!"
"Here."
"Kayla Rouge!"
"Here."
"Victor Van Helsing!"
"Here."
"And Zizzer Zazzer Zoo!"
"Here." A small voice all the way in the back.