Chapter Eight|| Maz

"So, fugitives, huh?" Han teases. "The First Order wants the map." I can't tell anyone who I am. That would make me just as much of a target as BB-8. "Finn is with the Resistance I just got dragged into this mess," I explain passing the attention to Finn. "Let's see what you got." He says to my little buddy. He looks at me. I nod. "Go ahead, little buddy." I sit and look at the part of the map. "It's not complete. It's just a piece." Han observes. "Ever since Luke disappeared people have been looking for him." Why? "Why did he leave?" Finn asks. "He was training a new generation of Jedi." I start. It's only fair I explain this. "One boy." I choke back my emotions. "An apprentice turned against him, destroyed it all. Luke felt responsible." I explain. "So, Mas-He just walked away from everything." I almost slipped up there.

"Do you know what happened to him?" Finn asks. I shake my head. Han is eyeing me suspiciously. "There's a lot of rumors and stories. People that knew him best think he went looking for the first Jedi temple." I explain. They would be right. We found it. The terminal starts to beep drawing all our attention. "You want my help? You're getting it. Gonna see an old friend. She'll get your droid home." He offers.

"This is our stop." He explains. I take my place in the seat next to Han and Finn sits behind me. "I didn't know there was this much green in the whole galaxy," I admit. My orphanage was in a super busy city, The Jedi temple wasn't near many trees and well the island on Ach-too was pretty bare as well. I walk down the ramp first. Looking around at everything smiling. I stand, looking out over a huge lake. "Wow." I'm speechless. "I think you'll need this." Han stands next to me with a blaster. "I think I can handle myself." I gesture to my saber. "You might not always want to use that." He offers it to me. I grin and take it. "You got a name?" He asks casually. "Y/n."

"Y/n." He repeats thinking. "I recognize that name." He looks me over. "Don't tell the others but, I trained with Ben," I admit. His eyes full of shock. "He was my only friend actually. Your son stood up for me when no one else would." I place my hand on his shoulder. "I loved him. More than anything." I inform him. He looks off at the lake. "I'm sorry about what happened Han." "Don't be. And don't beat yourself up too much about it." He advises. He looks at me very seriously. "I'm glad you were there for him. I'm sure he misses you." I shake my head. "He actually almost killed me," I admit. "What?" "That night. I found him zoned out, standing over Master Luke and I wasn't thinking. I carelessly rushed at him to make sure he was okay but the second I touched him He stabbed right through me with his saber." I bit my lip.

"He didn't mean to. As I was bleeding out, he told me this wasn't supposed to happen to me and that I was supposed to be okay. I think he planned on taking me with him." I explain. We sit in awkward silence for a moment. "Listen I've been meaning to bring someone else on with me and Chewie. Someone who can keep up and appreciates the Falcon." "Wait." I turn to him. "Are you offering me a job?" I ask. "I wouldn't be nice to you. Doesn't pay much." "You are offering me a job." I smile. "I'm thinking about it." He smirks. "Well?" He asks. "If you were, I'd be flattered. But you have to understand as a Jedi I feel the call to join the Resistance. To fight and protect against the First Order." I turn him down. He nods. "I understand. That's too bad. Chewie kind of likes you." He pokes.

"Solo. Why are we here again?" Finn asks as we approach the building. "To get your droid on a clean ship." "Clean?" I ask. "You think it was luck that Chewie and I found the Falcon? If we can find it on our scanners the First Order's not far behind." He explains. "Makes sense." I nod. "Wanna get BB-8 to the Resistance? Maz Kanata's our best bet." He says turning to me. "We can trust her, right?" Finn ask. "Relax, kid. She's run this watering hole for a thousand years." He reassures. "Now, Maz is a bit of an acquired taste." He explains as we walk up the stairs. "So, let me do the talking and whatever you do, don't stare." He instructs. I nod. "At what?" Finn asks. "Any of it." He explains as the door opens. I follow loosely behind Han through the loud and populated bar. "Han Solo!" A woman calls out and the music stops. Everyone looks over at us. "Oh, boy." Han mumbles. "Hey, Maz." There's that Solo charm. A small, wrinkly, orange, bug-eyed woman approaches us. Is this Maz? She's so cute. "Where's my boyfriend?" What? "Chewie's working on the Falcon," Han explains. Are they actually together? "I like that Wookiee." She admits. "I assume you need something. Desperately. Let's get to it." She waves us to follow her. My eyes wandering around. My saber in my bag out of sight. My cloak draped around my shoulders ending at my shins. The light fabric fluttering behind me slightly as I walk. I notice all the glances at me. I'm well aware of my 'pretty' face.