Chapter Fourteen|| Rocks

I come to with a loud ringing in my ears. I steady myself on my feet and make my way to Kylo's unconscious body. I kneel down and place my lips lightly to his. "I love you, and I'm sorry." I quickly make my way out of the room after fetching Master's broken saber. I turn on my heels and run as fast as I can. "This'll do," I smirk hopping into an escape craft and fire it up. I lick my bleeding lip and as the shuttle speed to where I asked Chewie to wait for me. Please, please be okay. I hope everyone is okay.

The second I dock in the Falcon I rush upfront to Chewie. He growls back at me worried. "Let's just say things didn't go as planned," I answer vaguely rushing back to the gunner's seat. I plop down and slip into the head seat. "Let's light these fuckers up," I grumble as we speed down into the action. I swing around in the seat firing shots. A TIE fighter explodes practically right in my face. "Oh yeah! I like this!" I call out. I try to use the Force to guide my shots the best I can. All the TIE fighters rush at us. He's playing right into plans, exactly like I thought he would. "Alright Chewie, peel off from the battle," I order. "Draw them away from the speeders!" I shout. He growls back in compliance and I take a deep breath. It's go time.

I fire back ruthlessly as we dive down into a deep crack in the ground. "Chewie!" I call out as the front half of my cannons get scrapped off. He grumbles back at me that he's got this. I brace my self helplessly as shots fire at me. Until we break out from the caves. Losing the last of them. I climb out of the gunner seat and make my way up to the cockpit. I plop down beside Chewie and get settled in my seat. We skim over the ground searching for the other. R2 beeps at me informing me of the beacons under us. "If the beacon's right beneath us, they've got to be somewhere," I call back. "Keep scanning for life forms," I order. Where are they? Suddenly the porg that tagged along with us hops up on the dashboard and yells at something. Chewie and I snap out head over to see an opening where a bunch of somethings are escaping. "Chewie, there!" I direct. We make a sharp turn to the exit and land. I rush down the ramp and hop down the ledge and grunt at the pain in my body. I stand upright and look at the rocks covering the entrance. "Rocks," I mumble. Master always made me train with rocks. I close my eyes and raise my hand. "Be with me," I call for the force to assist me in lifting the rocks from the entrance. I open my eyes, and everyone stands before me in the exit. The rocks floating all around me. I smile as Finn rushes to me. I drop the rocks to the side as his arms embrace me. I relax into his hug. They're okay. Everyone is okay. We did it. For now.

I rush up to the ramp and stop. Master? "I've trained you well. I have hope in you, Y/n." His voice echoing in my head. My heart twinges when I feel his presence fade from the force. I take hold of a bar and keep my self upright. I turn to face Leia behind me. Her eyes look up to meet mine. I reach out and she takes my hand as I silently escort her up the ramp. I let her go as she walks into the ship and I wait for the last of the group to board. I turn to see if anyone else is coming and my eyes meet Kylos. My heart flutters through its pain. I close my eyes and close the ramp cutting him off. I suck my busted lip into my mouth and make my way to everyone. "Little buddy!" I smile squatting down next to BB-8. He excitedly beeps at me about his new antenna. "It looks good." I compliment. We both turn to BB-8's friend as he approaches. "Hi." He smiles. "Hi." He's handsome. I rise and shake his hand. "I'm Poe." His warm hand shaking mine. "Y/n." I smile. "I know." He nods. "Quite the lip you got there." He pokes fun at my injury. "Yeah, you should see the other guy." I laugh. "Poe!" Someone else calls for him. He stops close to me. "It was nice finally meeting you." His voice serious. It gives me chills. "You too." I choke out as he walks away. I take a seat and look over at Finn next to a girl laying asleep. My view blocked as Leia sits down next to me. "Master Luke is gone," I mumble. "I felt it." She nods. "But it wasn't sadness or pain." She looks at me. "It was peace and purpose," I explain. The words lifting just a little bit of the pain on my heart. "I felt it, too." She admits. "How do we build a Rebellion from this?" I ask looking at what little is left of the people. "We have everything we need." She reassures placing her hand over the broken saber I hold.