Past

Em past POV:

"Yo narrator do I really have to go through this "daddy issue" bullshit?" asks Em.

"Yes," says the narrator.

"...Fiiiiiiiiiiine, I guess..." says Em.

"Back in the day my earliest memory is of THAT MAN, I have small memories of him mainly of him sitting at a desk for hours. The day that man left, I asked Mama what happened and she just smiled telling me: 'There's nothing that can be done about it' Mama was good at hiding her feelings but I had a feeling that he hurt her. She got ill and left this world not long after he left. Needless to say, I hate that man. It wasn't long after that that Auntie and Uncle were killed in the Ishvallen war..I don't know why..they were doctors. Sigh...shit! Al! Do you remember our first time discovering alchemy?" asks Em. *

"Yeah, mom got mad at us for drawing on Dad's study until we showed her that it was alchemy. She was really proud of us to think all we did was make a duck," says Al.

"It wasn't even that great of a duck but that's when it all began for us," says Em.

"Yeah! We started making her lots of gifts!" says Em, happily.

"We had a lot of fun back then if you need anything else I will be shining my armor," says Al.

"Yeah, okay," says Em.

There are loud clunks of metal as he goes to sit in the room that they share in Izumi Curtis's house. Em smiles then frown turning back to the readers.

"We did anything for mom...then one day mom was taken from us, Granny was our legal guardian because no one knew where that man was. It was us against the world. We decided the day of moms funeral we would try to bring her back. We started our journey into creating homunculus, we didn't know it would be so wrong..we just wanted to see our mom's smile again...harmless thinking right? We even got an alchemy teacher after a lot of fighting. She came to our town..I don't know why but she helped us with a flood after making a wall without an alchemic circle! Her favorite thing to say is: "just a housewife who was passing by" but she isn't a house wife you would mess with. The next thing we know is that blood came out of her mouth. She was brought to our neighborhood doctor. We asked her while she was resting if she and her husband would teach us. She told us no at first after throwing a bed on us for calling her old...we never called her that again-" starts Em *

"What did you call me?!" calls Izumi, from a distance.

"Nothing teacher!" calls back Em, nervously.

"That's what I thought," calls back Izumi.

"*sigh of relief* We told her we wanted to help people. Granny stepped in and told her that we don't have parents so reluctantly she agreed to a one month trial. Boy, what a trial it was! We went to Yock Island. She gave us a confusing riddle too: One is all, All is one. We had to survive no alchemy no food no nothing just a sharp knife on an island! I was about...9 at the time? And Al was ....Al! How old were we when we went to the island?" asks Em

"You were 9 I was 8! You don't remember our ages?" asks Al.

"Shuddup...I was testing you..." says Em.

"Uh-huh..suuuurrreee," says Al.

"*ignores Al* Anyways..the month wasn't too bad except for a half man half beast creature! He was six feet tall! He chased us a lot on that island!" says Em.

"A 6 feet half man half beast? That is nothing! When I did my training I was far away from my teacher, not a swim away as you guys and I was in the cold Briggs mountains for a month where I fought a ten-foot bear with just a spear," says Izumi.