A Reason to Fight

When the siblings reach Dublith, they find their teachers shop and find Mason who rubs their heads and mention how big they have gotten. He mentions that they both just got back yesterday from a trip. They both wish that Sig and Izumi were still on the trip. Sig comes out with a meat clever rubbing Em's head first.

"What a fine young lady you have grown into," says Sig.

"If you keep squishing my head in I won't grow anymore.." thinks Em.

"Thank you.." she says.

He then turns toward Al who explains he is Alphonse Elric earning him a head rub as well. Then Sig goes to get Izumi who is laying in bed not feeling well. She kicks the door open sending Em flying then flips Al who goes for a handshake. Izumi isn't too happy that Em has become the dog of the military. They mention how they didn't think she felt well and she says she wouldn't stay in bed. Then a spew of blood exits her mouth, Sig gives her their medicine before they go in for lunch. Where Em and Al ask about the philosopher's stone to which Sig and Izumi both say they nothing about it other than a man who matches the description of Em and Al's dad Hohenheim. Em is very clear that she doesn't want to ask him for help. They go on to talk about their adventures and ask Izumi why she isn't a mom yet. Where there is a fast topic change to show their hard work. Izumi watches carefully and sees that Em can create things like her and asks if she saw the truth as well. Well, tries there are a few kids who are afraid of Sig who comes in to ask Izumi to fix their train. Then a little girl comes in with her cat asking for the same thing, but her cat is long gone so instead they give her a burial. Izumi says she knew that Al is hollow when she threw him and heard Em's footsteps to know that they were automail, at least one.

They go back to the house where Em and Al tell her everything including them breaking the greatest taboo. She listens to them before hugging them telling them not to hold back. They hug her and apologize like crazy. She also tells them how the truth took most of her insides when she tries to get her child back. She is very impressed by them but holds her word and expels them. Sig leads them to the train station and tells them everything that happened. They run back after hearing the story and refuse to leave even after getting a sharp knife thrown at Em. Izumi agrees to let them stay. The next day the two meet a man with a lizard tail and get into a fight with him after the lizard men hit all of Em's soft spots. Including guessing that Al is hollow inside. They hurry back home so they don't get into trouble with Izumi.

In the meantime, not only does Clnl. Mustang gets transferred to Central he chooses his team carefully: Master Sergeant Kain Fuery, Warrant Officer Vato Falman, Second Lieutenant Heymans Breda, Second Lieutenant Jean Havoc, Lieutenant Riza Hawkeye to come with him. While back in the outskirts of Dublith in a club a man tells the lizard man that he did a good job finding the Elric siblings. The man tells his other men to go get the Elric siblings but doesn't harm them. They wait until morning to head out to go get them. They don't get Em they actually only get Al who is outside sweeping. While Em is trying to get the paperwork done for the state which gets done quickly when King Bradley approves it. What she doesn't know is on the train ride back, King Bradley and Major Armstrong follow Em back to Dublith. Em talks to Izumi who lets her know that her brother was kidnapped and she tried to get him back but their leader wouldn't have it. Their leader is a homunculus named Greed.

Izumi and Em didn't know that King Bradley was listening to the conversation. Despite Izumi's protests about going alone, Em decides on going alone. She follows the directions and finds Al chained up with Martel inside of him.

"So you are this Greed that kidnapped my little brother," says Em.

"Ah! There she is! Emma Elric, right?" says Greed.

"Big Sister! He's a-" starts Al.

"A homunculus right? I heard of you from my teacher," says Em.