Nightmares and Daydreams

Aya's POV

"This is it! The official rendezvous point for the invasion force." Sokka exclaims with excitement aa we emerge from the bushes. Bubbles slides off my head and clings onto my shoulder as we look around the area.

"How did you find this place?" Toph asks.

"Before we split up, my dad and I found this island on the map. It's uninhabited, and the harbors surrounded by the cliffs seemed like the perfect secluded place." Sokka explains to us.

"Nice choice, Sokka. And we're here four days ahead of schedule." Katara adds and I grin with nervousness.

I was nervous about the invasion, because the sun will be blocked and my firebending will be weakened. Everyone is aware of this issue, but this is the most efficient time to invade the Fire Nation and take out the Fire Lord. At least I'm the only firebender that can use their bending, so that's something.

Aang gets anxious. "Wait! Four days? The invasion's in four days?"

"Whatever. That's like four days from now." Sokka yawns. "Let's just calm down and-" I roll my eyes with a smile when I see that Sokka had fallen asleep.

"Sokka's got the right idea, Aang." I tell my boyfriend, grabbing his hand. "We're here. We're ready. The best thing we can do now is get plenty of rest." I let his hand go and lay down to sleep.

"I guess." Aang sighs, halfheartedly.

——

I was woken up by the sound of banging and I sit up along with my siblings and Toph. We see Aang punching a tree and I look at my siblings who just shrug before I approach Aang.

"Hey. How long have you been up?" I ask Aang.

"A couple hours. I got a lot more skills to refine if I'm gonna fight Ozai." Aang explains to me and I rub the back of my neck as Aang stops, panting.

"You know there is such a thing as over training."

Aang hits the tree one last time, which sends a vibration throughout his body and makes him fall down, with all of the leaves off the tree collapsing on him. I gaze down at him and Katara runs up to us. Aang comes out from under the leaves and walks around Katara and I in a fighting stance.

"You don't get it, do you? My form is bad, I'm sloppy, and I still don't know any firebending. Not even the basics."

"Aang, I offered to teach you firebending." I reason.

Aang's left eye twitches a little bit after saying this. I  bring Aang's hand down, with a forced smile on my face.

"That's okay, Aang. The eclipse will block off firebending anyway. You don't need to know it." Sokka chimes in and I look at my brother. "Plus, it's a stupid element."

"Excuse me?" I ask him and Sokka looks up at me with wide eyes. "What was that?"

"I meant...it's a stupendous element!" Sokka laughs nervously but it dies down when he sees fire form in my hands. "I'll be quiet."

The fire extinguished and I looked back at Aang.

"Okay, well I still have to work on everything else. I better spend the whole day training." Aang informs us and Katara and I share a look of uneasiness.

Aang bows quickly toward Sokka, followed by Katara and I, and rides off on an air scooter.

I was worried about Aang, he's pressuring himself to much. Yes, this is an important battle, but Aang is an amazing bender and has great fighting abilities. He'll be able to take out the Fire Lord easily, he's over thinking all of this.