The Southern Raiders

Aya's POV

I shot awake when a loud explosion occurred and the entire temple rumbled. I hopped up to my feet and Bubbles latched onto my back out of fear and everyone else was awake, alarmed by the sudden bomb attacks. I shielded my face as two more bombs pelted the temple. Aang, who was the furthest away, ran toward the edge of the building with his glider to see what was happening, and I stepped forward to see a Fire Nation airship heading toward us. The bow of the airship launches another bomb that sails through the air and crashes into a nearby bridge.

Aang races back toward us with Appa following close behind, and uses airbending to force the large, ceiling-high metal doors surrounding our site to close. Aang grabs my hand and pulls me away from any falling ceiling rubble that could possibly fall.

Several more bombs attacked the temple and it wasn't exactly easy to withstand the explosions it caused. Aang held me tightly so I wouldn't stumble or fall down.

I wasn't at my strongest potential right now. I'm still weak from the whole kidnapping thing, not to mention my broken wing. I can bend and fight just fine, I just can't fly or do any Fire Angel thing.

Aang knows I'm not at my strongest point so he's cautious of me.

Suddenly, a piece of rubble falls toward Katara, but Zuko runs and tackles her out of the way.

"Watch out!" He yelled as he pushed her from getting crushed from the rubble.

Behind us, Toph and Haru had created an exit for us to escape through.

"Come on! We can get out through here!" Toph yelled and Aang and I looked back to see Appa didn't want to go. Aang and I grabbed Appa's reigns, trying to pull the bison into the tunnel, but he was too heavy.

I got distracted when I noticed my cousin standing on the edge of the temple, looking out.

"What are you doing?" I asked Zuko.

"Go ahead! I'll hold them off." Zuko told us. "I think this is a family visit."

"Zuko! No!" Aang calls and I grabbed his arm, stopping him as my siblings approached us.

"Come on! We've gotta get out of here!" Sokka explained and the four of us begin to pull on Appa's reigns in attempt to pull him into the tunnel.

Appa wouldn't budge from his spot and the temple was getting more destroyed as we continued. Rubble was falling more and we had to leave, but Appa wouldn't move.

"We can't get him to go in there!" Aang grunted, "Appa hates tunnels!"

"Aang, there's no way we can fly out of here." Katara reasoned.

"We'll have to find a way!" Aang remarked.

"We need to split up." Sokka explained and this surprised me he looked at everyone else. "Take the tunnel and get to the stolen airship."

"No." I protested and ran up to my mother and Hakoda.

"The Fire Nation can't separate our family again." Katara added with anger, joining my side.

"It'll be okay. It's not forever." Hakoda assured us, before hugging us and Katara ran back to Aang.

I hugged my mother and she kissed my head.

"It's okay, Aya."

She assured me and I nodded, wiping my tear away.

Hakoda gave me a smile before I went back to my team. Sokka quickly hugged him, before taking Suki and joining us. We board Appa as Toph touched a wall to sense a way out of here.