Sozin's Comet, Part 1: The Phoenix King

Aya's POV

The team and I were sitting outside of Ozai's beach house and Aang was practicing his firebending with Zuko.

"More ferocious! Imagine striking through your opponent's heart!" Zuko yelled at him and I cringed at his voice.

Zuko is a very stubborn and loud teacher, while Aang is a calm and gentle student. In my opinion, I think Zuko should tone it down a notch and not get so loud.

Aang stops firebending and turns to Zuko while growling in irritation. "I'm trying!"

"Now let me hear you roar like a tigerdillo!" Zuko demands and Aang gives a light roar as fire bursts come out of his hands and mouth. "That sounded pathetic! I said roar!"

Aang roars even louder, as three bursts of fire come out of his hands and mouth. Momo and Bubbles run and hide behind Zuko's leg in fear, while he nods approvingly.

Katara holds up two watermelons. "Who wants a nice, cool glass of watermelon juice?"

Aang's eyes grew with delight. "Ooh, ooh! Me, me, me!"

He rushes over to my sister, but Zuko grabs him by the shirt and stops him. "Hey!" Aang keeps trying to run off, but it was useless. "Your lesson's not over yet! Get back here!"

Suki, who was lounging on the stairs next to me, speaks. "Come on, Zuko. Just take a break. What's the big deal?"

My cousin let's Aang go and he runs over to us grabbing a watermelon. "Fine! If you want to lounge around like a bunch of snail sloths all day, then go ahead!"

Zuko walks off as Aang enjoys his watermelon.

"Maybe Zuko's right. Sitting around the house has made us pretty lazy. But I know just the thing to change all that." Sokka mentioned before standing up and taking off his robe, revealing a bathing suit. "Beach party!"

——

All of us head to the shoreside and Sokka excitedly dives into the water, as Katara uses waterbending to create an ice surfboard and surfs on the water. Suki and I sat on the beach and watch Sokka grab some seaweed and bring it to an area, then he takes two buckets and fills them with water and the two of us were confused by his actions.

I looked over and saw Aang stick a piece of wood on a life-sized sand sculpture of what looked to be Appa.

I got up and ran over to him, admiring the sculpture. Bubbles crawled onto my back and chittered.

"Woah!" I smiled.

"Check out my Appa sand sculpture." Aang announces and the real Appa roars at it.

"Not bad, baldy, but I've been working on my sandbending." Toph mentioned as Aang hops down and she cracks her fingers. "You're gonna love this."

Toph cracks her knuckles and uses sandbending to create a sand replica of the city of Ba Sing Se. Aang and I peer down at the replica's details and it was magnificent.

"Woah!" Aang and I gasped at the amazing replica and I noticed a little Earth King and Bosco.

"Wow, you've even made a little Earth King and Bosco." I smiled and Toph gives me a proud smile.

"Try and top that, Sokka." Toph challenged when we see Sokka working hard on his sculpture.

My brother reveals an odd looking sculpture with seaweed for hair, a starfish for a nose, and rocks and shells for eyes and mouth. "Ta da!"

"Is that a blubbering blob monster?" Aang asked, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"No, it's Suki."