The Ember Island Players

Aya's POV

The gang and I were at Firelord Ozai's house on Ember Island. Zuko assured us this place was safe from anyone in the Fire Nation, so it was a perfect place to hide from everyone and for Aang to finish his firebending training. Zuko is Aang's teacher, but I help Zuko out when Aang gets frustrated and I need to step in and take it step by step with Aang.

The Fire Angel was never destined to teach the Avatar to firebend. Sapphire told me that my job is too keep Aang calm within his training and to help connect him with firebending. It's important for the Avatar to spiritual connect with passed Fire Angels, so he can master the element of Fire.

"Doesn't it seem kind of weird that we're hiding from the Fire Lord in his own house?" I heard Katara ask as Zuko, Aang, and I finish our firebending training for the day.

I stretched my arms up and yawned a little as Aang hugged me from behind me.

"I told you, Zuko began as he sat on a dry fountain and wiped his head with a cloth. "My father hasn't come here since our family was actually happy. And that was a long time ago. It's the last place anyone would think to look for us."

Aang rests his head on my shoulder and I blush, touching his hands that rested on my stomach. My stomach was showing now because we were back in our Fire Nation attire and I could feel Aang's fingers trail across my abs.

Sokka and Suki returned and Sokka was holding a rolled-up piece of paper.

"You guys are not gonna believe this! There's a play about us." Sokka told us and this shocked me.

A play?

"We were just in town and we found this poster!" Suki added and Sokka shows the poster for the play to us. It depicts Katara, Aang, Sokka, and I with Zuko's face in the background.

"What? How is that possible?" Katara asked.

"Listen to this ..." Sokka said and turned the poster toward him. "The Boy in the Iceberg is a new production from acclaimed playwright Pu-on Tim, who scoured the globe gathering information on the Avatar, from the icy South Pole to the heart of Ba Sing Se. His sources include singing nomads, pirates, prisoners of war, and a surprisingly knowledgeable merchant of cabbage."

"Brought to you by the critically acclaimed Ember Island Players." Suki finished and Aang and I shared a look of shock.

This seems very strange. A play about our lives, it almost seems like people are watching us, but that would be very creepy.

Zuko groans, "ugh! My mother used to take us to see them. They butchered Love Amongst the Dragons every year!"

"Sokka, do you really think it's a good idea to attend a play about ourselves?" I asked my brother.

"Come on, a day at the theater? This is the kind of wacky time-wasting nonsense I've been missing!" Sokka exclaimed, persuasively. He holds up the poster anxiously and smiles sheepishly, while I looked away from him.

I hope this is worth it.

——

That Night

We arrived at the Ember Island Theater and we were sitting in the nosebleed section, much to Toph's dismay. Toph, Katara, and Zuko sit in the front row, while Suki, Sokka, Aang, and I sit in the back together. Zuko and Katara sat very close to each other and it made me suspicious.

Doesn't Zuko have a girlfriend or did they break up? I bet he likes Katara and she might like him.

"Why are we sitting in the nosebleed section?" Toph asked. "My feet can't see a thing from up here!"