Have you anyway I can

When Emma looked at her surroundings, she saw the moon and she saw the sun. She has standing in a mirror like ground, like she has inside a dream. When she turned her head, she saw a dragon with just one eye. The dragon got closer to her as the demon on top of it came to, crossing his legs to face her 

The demon looked like a child... Emma didn't sensed any danger coming from him, but she knew that he was the one...the one that ruled above all, the one who could manipulate time and space as his will...the one she could reforge the promise with.

" Welcome human, I great you for coming this far, in the maze of the dimension of no time and place."

" Thanks...still I just came here to reforge a new promise. I don't need your greetings" 

The demon faced her. She had fire in her eyes, no wavering...just a immobile will of puting a change in the world. And than he remembered the reason he feared humans so much, the reason he wanted to eat them so badly: They could always change the odds

" So...you came here to reforge the promise in hope that you stop demons from eating humans, am I right? I must tell you foolish human, that in this realm, my mind is absolute and the rules are set in stone. Still, I don't see the demon blood you need to reforge the laws of the universe" 

Emma listened, and as much as she was shocked she couldn't help but to smile. In that world of no logic, she could hear her heart beat...she feel alive like she never had felt before. Why would she answer? He already knew the answer...

" Yeah...you are right. Why did you called me foolish? I have the one I need right here with me...can't you see?"

When the demon turned his head, by Emma's side, holding her hand as a ray of light, so bright that he almost couldn't look at, a ray of sunshine with the form of a boy with a hair as white as the purest snow. What did you happened? 

" How did you-?" 

" This one is Norman, and he was demon blood. His father was a demon and his mother as a human who fought the demon in the great war. He may not be here but I called him...he is busy protecting by body as we speak... I called him and he came" - Norman smiled as a tear, a light tear, feel from his right eye

" He was the most beautiful ocean eyes, and moon hair. He is the kindest human being, but he is a bit arrogant to...He thinks to highly of me, and he tends to keep his feelings locked in his heart. He sneezes in the morning because of his allergies, and his hands are always cold when I hold them. That's Norman... the one that I love, who was always with me, who gave me hope, who made who I am. He is a part of me and he lives on my heart. That's why he is here, where he truly belongs" 

" Emma-" - Norman couldn't stop crying as Emma holed his hand with more strength 

" Reforge the laws of the universe you say? We already did reforge them! I promised to love Norman, and he promised to love himself! I will reforge this world, so he can live with me, with Ray and everyone in a happy peaceful place! This one is just another promise...the first and the last" 

" I don't really care about any of that...the struggles you humans have is like a fly who struggles to live under my feet. Your struggles are completely insignificant to me...they mean nothing. Still, a deal is a deal, human: I give you that you want and you must give that I want from you" 

As Emma twisted her face, she reached out to Norman. Maybe she could find the strength to face the possibility of giving her up in his eyes, maybe she knew he would never let her do so. Still, he was no longer there, just an empty space next to her, her hand suspended in the bare universe 

" Norman..." 

" Still, I must say that I am impressed that you here able to call him here, at least his soul. I never thought I would be able to see at the same, the day and the night, smiling at each other. Still, it was a worthless effort... a worthless time and world that you spent" 

" I don't care about that. You may say our struggles are like flys at our feet, but you and your power is empty and it's lonely. Do you call yourself the most powerful of demons? Inside you there is just a hole, the biggest hole I've ever seen" 

" Quiet Human! I didn't came here to hear your insignificant ideals. Give me what you must to reforge the promise with your conditions" 

" And that is that you want from me?" 

Emma swallowed hard. She already knew she would have to give him something in return, just like Ray said when he read that William Minerva left them, in the pen they hold. Still, she never tought it would be so awful to be depend of the enemy. After all, she shouldn't trow her life away, but she couldn't possibly deny his demand 

With would come down to a choice between herself and her friends. Who would she save? 

" Give me all your memories of this human which name is Norman" 

Emma froze. She was hoping he wanted to eat her, take her brain and end her life after they all escaped. A quick death as a trade of a last long peace...

What he was asking was worst than death 

She started puked just at the tought of having him, and not knowing who he was. Her heart was at so much pain, that se feel on her knees. The brutality of tearing of the flesh of her own body, of numbing her smile with a sad agony. 

How could she ever face him again? She was starting to breath heavily  

" It's all right Emma. Forget me... I will forgive you for not keeping your promise. After all, I didn't kept mine and I hurted you so many times... It's going to be fine" 

There he was, a light in front of her eyes, a hand that was ready to pick her tiered body and take her in as she was 

" But Norman...The pain you will feel...You will be like a stranger to me and - She was able to find the words she never wanted to say - Please, forget about me to...so you don't suffer like-" 

" What are you talking about silly? - Norman pated her on the head, his cold hands meeting her sunshine hair- I'm gonna keep you in my heart, and I will wait until you remember me" 

" But that's not...how can you-" 

" I will wait until you remember me. As you know I am arrogant and stubborn, you said it yourself. More than that, you might have forgotten but I... " 

When Emma head his words she feel her world tearing apart. She could understand a bit of his pain, when he tried to forget her on his own, when he couldn't give value to himself. The word she gave him to save him, there the ones that she heard on her hear, like a call of the wind, a sign of hope. 

" I will have you anyway I can"   

With tears that couldn't stop feeling down her face, Emma sealed the first and last promise. The one that would fix everything, that would save everyone. When she gave her hand to split the blood into the Capivara's dragon eye and she faced the king of demons one last time, she made another promise.

She raised her head and reached for the universe, the one who had all the stars, the one she was seting her feet on, as she let go a part of herself into the vastness of that world in which he existed. She put her hand above her chest and her heart whispered one last time 

" I will remember you and fall in love with you once gain...I promise, Norman" 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

[Please inform me if you know the artist name]

Thank you for reading! Please, leave a like or a comment and don't forget to hit the star button! Byby and see you soon!

Find me also in

Tumblr = > brkolgane

Instagram = > raven_after_eight