Chapter 1

New Year Eve.

Shadow was playing basketball with his Father/ his coach from his school. They were passing the ball back and forth, jumping and throwing. Shadow's Dad Doom, was shouting some basketball words to Shadow as he responded the answers. They kept playing till Shadow's Mother came in, all dressed up formal.
"Boys..." She call out but they didn't listen by the noise of the basketball hitting the floor. "...Boys!..." They finally stopped at looked her all breathless and sweating. "Did we really came all the way down here for more Basketball?" They stared at each other before looking at her.
"Yeah!" They said together while still out of breath. Shadow's Mother groan.
"This was supposed to be family trip. The party remembered." She spin as she showed off her dress.
"Right." His father said.
"Shadow. There's party downstairs."
"What?" Shadow said confused since he thought his parents were the ones going. His mother continued.
"A young adults party. Now go and get dressed up." Doom pass his the ball to Shadow and Shadow caught it. He bounce it once and looked at his mom.
"One shot. Just one." His mother sighed and smiled as she sees her son bouncing the ball and make a shot on the hoop. Doom said "Yeah!". They began to leave the gym to take a shower and get ready.

Somewhere else..

Sonic was sitting on a couch reading a book. While people were moving around but it seemed that he didn't notice at all. He was reading peacefully till his mother Bernadette, came and see her son sitting down while reading his book. Bernadette comes to her son and taking the book away.
"Sonic come on..." meanwhile Sonic was saying 'but mom. I'm almost done' "...Let go of that book. Your clothes are already set for you." She started pulling her son up. But Sonic just looked at her still sitting on the couch.
"Can I least have my book back?" Bernadette stared at him before giving him a smiled and hand him the book. Sonic said thank you. He stand up and walked with his mother to the other room.

At the karaoke party.

Shadow walked in with a simple suit-ish that his mom set him up with. He looked around as he watches the crowd. He was rather impressed how the party is. He try to go through the crowd, Till he been stopped by two random guys who began to talked to him.

Meanwhile.

Sonic comes into the party. He was wearing a blue sleeves shirt and white skinny jeans. He walked though the crowd till he sat down on the couches and opened his book.

The two people were done singing the song they were assigned. Everyone clapped for them as they shake hands. They both left the stage and the DJ take the microphone and start talking meanwhile two bright spotlight was traveling through the crowd.
"Well done you two. Now who be our next singer? Eh?" The crowd was looking around see who next. The spotlight kept moving till it land on Shadow who wasn't aware on what going on till he see the microphone. He began to say no but the guys next to him were pushing to the stage. Meanwhile the other spotlight was landing on Sonic who was currently reading his book but stopped by the light was on him. He looked up and saw the spotlight on him making him blind as while. As he try to block it to see what's going on, a guy came to him and as a gentleman grab his hand pull him to the stage. Once he was on it, he see Shadow being pushed next him.
They both have a glanced at each other but soon Sonic looked away and wrapped his arms around his body since didn't like attention very much especially when it involves his singing voice. Shadow on the other hand try to played cool but he noticed how nervous Sonic was and felt bad. The music began to start.

{A: play the music in different device while reading. It better that way. In my opinion at least. The song is called the start of something new by High School Musical in case you don't know. Thank!}

The soft Melody began to leave the speaker. Shadow clear his throat and walked up to the microphone. He looked at the screen.

Living in my world~
Didn't understand~
That anything can happen~