Chapter FIVE

Chapter Five

Permanent Marker {Niall Horan Love Story}

All Rights Reserved

*Taliyah's POV*

After a few hours went by of re-runs on TV, Layla, Hailey, and Aunt Maureen show up. My eyes light up in excitement and I even clap a couple times of joy. I wanted to leave so badly. 

"Well, in case you haven't gathered, we're leaving now," Hailey says and laughs while Layla and I exchange confused glances. "What? That was funny because she clearly knew, but-"

"Just stop," Layla says cutting her off and patting her shoulder in a sarcastically concerned way. I laugh at that and Hailey stomps her foot in minor anger.

"What? How was that funny?" she asks defensively and I giggle.

"So you can react like that," I reply.

"Whatever. Let's just leave," Hailey responds and I smile. Layla hands me a bag of regular clothes. I haven't worn regular clothes in what seems like days. This day was just getting better and better.

I get up and walk to the bathroom. I take off the unflattering hospital gown and fold it neatly. I set it on the counter next to the sink. Then, I reach into my bag and pull out my pair of white skinny flare jeans and slip them on. Then, I grab a blue t-shirt with the Penn State logo on it I got from there when my volleyball team played a 3-day tournament at Penn State. I slip that on as well and my white socks. Finally, I put my favorite pair of blue sneakers on. I grab my sling and slip it on over my shoulder. I walk out the bathroom with my neatly folded hospital gown.

I set the gown on the bed and smile towards everyone. "Ok. We can go," I announce and we happily walk out the door. I spot Hanna and decide to tell her where I left my gown. "Hanna, my hospital gown is neatly folded on the bed."

"Thank you. That makes my job easier," she jokes and I let out a laugh. She was definitely a great friend to have around.

We walk out to the car. Layla lets me sit in the front considering my condition at this moment. I laugh and understand that if Layla gave up the front seat for me, I must be important. 

We drive towards Denny's a few blocks away next to the hotel we stayed at. Aunt Maureen parks the car and we enter the restaurant. It is a little chilly in here, but we'll manage.

We sit down in a booth towards the back. We figure this is a good idea in case anyone notices who I am. I get my phone and check my Twitter. I had so many mentions. Apparently, a magazine put my Twitter on their website and now everyone is saying stuff all over the place. Some people are saying how perfect I am for Niall. Others are saying how I ruined their relationship. Well, I mostly got hate, but who cares? In a few months, this'll all blow over. Niall will move on and everyone else will, too. Besides, Ellie and Niall were still together. At least, that's what Ellie told me. Also, Niall thinks I gave in, but I'll have to set it straight tonight. He has to know that I know the whole truth.

"What's wrong?" Layla asks me when she notices me looking down at my lap reading what people are saying.

"Nothing. Just on Twitter," I admit and she frowns.

"I've seen what people are saying on Twitter. It's ok," she says, but I laugh.

"You think I care? If these people have nothing better to do in their lives, then it will only hurt them. Besides, I've decided not to give Niall a chance," I explain and Layla and Hailey stare at me.

"Why? You guys are so perfect!" Hailey asks and I shrug.

"Ellie visited me at the hospital and told me that he's using me and that they're still dating secretly. She also said that I shouldn't fall for his trap," I state and look over the menu.

"What if she's lying? She's an actress, you know? I saw it in Niall's eyes. He loves you," Layla replies.

"Why? I'm a small town girl and he's an international boy band member. There are millions of girls who he could choose. Why me?" I ask. "Think about it."

"He said he'd date a Directioner," Hailey adds and I shrug.

"It doesn't even seem weird to you that it is me? I would much rather it be Bonnie," I say then I get an idea. Layla and Hailey can sense that I got an idea by my expression. They look a little scared.

"Um," Layla begins, "do you have an idea?"

"Yep," I say and smile. My idea was brilliant. I could tell him I decided not to be with him then leave. Then, in North Carolina, just hide myself from him. It could work. Maybe I could speak another language. That means I'll have to learn a language that isn't very common. Turkish! Yes. Ha, I'm so clever.

I explain to my cousins my plan. They don't agree considering they want me with Niall.

"Come on, you two are made for each other," Hailey argues.

"You know, this is the first time I have ever agreed with you," Layla says to Hailey and I sigh. Why did they have to agree with each other on something like this?

"Ok, in order for a relationship to work, both sides of the deal have to like it," I state and smile. I made a great point and I'm proud of it.

"Your hands will probably fit so perfectly as if the puzzle would be put together. He's empty without you, Taliyah. You're his missing puzzle piece," Layla explains as if she were thinking out loud.

"Forget it," I say ending the conversation.

The rest of our meal is pretty quiet. No one said anything. We each had different views on the situation, but why would Niall leave Ellie for me? It made no sense.

We leave Denny's and go to Madison Square Garden. We go to the entrance and the security guard recognizes my family and I.

"You guys have special seats backstage," he instructs as we follow him. This was going to be awkward. I'll tell Niall after the concert so it doesn't bring him down if he really does like me.

"Taliyah!" Niall shouts as he runs to me. He hugs me and doesn't let go for a couple minutes. I spot two girls behind a ladder wearing all black. The one looked familiar...Ellie! I notice her shaking her head as if telling me to stop. I obey and push Niall away. I admit, his hug was great. All I wanted was for me to be in his arms again. I felt safe and complete somehow. Wait, I need to stop. Niall doesn't think of me that way. He's going to hurt me. He wants Ellie, but he's just using me to make himself feel better.

"Go do your concert thingy. You're wanted on stage," I say and Niall nods. He starts to turn away, but looks back at me. He then runs back and kisses my left cheek.

"Just so you know you're mine," he whispers then runs on stage. Ellie and the other girl run up to me.

"Hey, Taliyah. This is Katelyn. My friend. She isn't very bright, but she does know what to say sometimes," Ellie explains.

"Wasn't the first man on the moon from England?" Katelyn asks and I get confused.

"Ok, she has money," Ellie whispers to me as she turns to Katelyn. "Of course, how did you know that?" she asks sarcastically and she couldn't have been more obvious with it.

"I read it somewhere. Or did Usher say it?" Katelyn asks and I roll my eyes.

"Anyway, Taliyah, don't fall for him. He is just using you, ok?" Ellie asks me and I nod my head. If anyone knew Niall better than he knew himself, it would be Ellie, right?

"Yes," I say.

Then, Layla walks over to us. "Oh, Ellie. You're just jealous that Niall left you for her. This isn't true, Taliyah! Niall loves you and you know it! Or else you wouldn't have given in to him in the first place. If you really didn't know, you wouldn't have agreed!" she shouts and Ellie shakes her head.

"Shut up, worthless girl. Niall loves me and will always love me," Ellie says and I turn towards her.

I open my mouth to speak, but don't know what to say. Then, suddenly, I knew what words to form.