❦ CH 06 ❦

DEMON 06 | TEMPTATION |

COLD eyes stare back at your red ones before you plop your head into the bed, your heart almost bounce off your chest by the small sound and to think that something or someone would attack at a late night like this,

"For goodness, G. I thought you were a demon..."

In his usual stoic expression, he responds, "Demons can't get inside." He was right, there were few Wisteria trees planted round the Butterfly Estate, you sat back up and motion for the Hunter to come closer, his blue eyes survey the room occupied with beds before it sits on you,

"I couldn't find you at your home."

"Well, I didn't plan on going there anyways. Why?" Talking to Giyuu was normal for you, you two always get along before and to see him barging in through the window was not normal, "I hope Shin-chan won't attack you for that." You gesture to the window, few shards sat on the sill but apart from that, it was alright.

"Tomioka-san!" Tanjiro elatedly stood from his bed, "What brings you here?"

"You seem well, that's nice." Giyuu commented, scanning any scratches on his face, a look of relief washes his feature. At least the boy he wanted to save was alright but the most he wanted to see;

Was poking on someone's hide, "YN." He called, taking in your form as you gaze at his crystal blue eyes, thinking that he came for the young boy, you shower the Water Pillar two thumbs up,

"You're too soft, G."

Surprisingly the Pillar settle besides you, staring ahead of him. He looked as if he was waiting and so you drape your arms around him, the red on his cheeks was showing - but of course, he wasn't letting it been seen by you anytime and so he shifted his face to daze behind him.

"Chun-chun..."

"Hm?"

"Can you continue the story?" Zenitsu begs, his lips curved into a small pout. How cute.

"Alright."

To drag the eery atmosphere back, you clear your throat before continuing, "-the man who dragged everyone in his village into despair begged for power that could destroy every demons he came across. With that, he could have saved hundreds or thousands of beating hearts out there but instead he used it for his own amusement. Caged by greed and evil, he destroy the village that worshipped the creatures, his family, friends and even demons. He was more wicked than demons, than the first ever demon. People tried murdering him but it only give him strength and so people feared him. For the power he holds, everyone thought it was over..."

To make yourself comfortable, you leaned on Giyuu - nuzzling your head in his neck and wrap your arms around his waist, it was a friendly hug, "-well, until...a woman came into his life. For some reason, he couldn't bring himself to kill her...and with the one little soft spot of humanity left in him, he spared her. The story between them continue, it was then noticed by others that the wicked man still has a heart to fall head over heel for a woman - wanting to get her hand in marriage, the man went on to meet her family with golds, jewelleries and foods that could at least maybe receive a yes but only to gain..." With a small sigh, you train your eyes on Tanjiro with pure grin, "...death."

"H-How?" Inosuke who was silent the whole finally choke out a word, feeling sympathetic for him, you crawl up to him and ruffle his head softly, "I thought you were asleep, glad to know you are part of the bedtime story."

"Just...say it." He rasp out.

"The woman that he loved for a long time was longed married to someone and in order to gain his trust, she lied to him. Unknown to him, the people that he murdered before was her mother and to avenge her death, she made a plan with the villagers to hunt and kill him. It was a success, the poor man was tied and decapitated to death but before he was out of this world, he shouted a curse that will forever haunt the woman. Sadly, the old man didn't tell me what it was...so the story ends there."