❦ CH 16 ❦

DEMON 16 | END II

[ insert playlist here ]

COLD sweat streamed down the pillar's drenched forehead, keeping their body steady against an Upper Moon one who looked nothing like their state.

"They just keep on coming..." He scorn, parrying Sanemi's attack before sending him backward.

"Nothing seem to interest me." He added - smirking at the condition the males were going through.

His blade grazed Genya's cheeks as he continue talking and used an attack to deliver Muichiro out, "Shame you won't be standing a day after this."

Just before the tip of his sword could half the boy's body, a familiar presence caught his attention and stumbled back at the rock smashing between them.

His eyes widened at the sudden ambush before another came, "Third Style: Dancing Swan."

The ground beneath him jolt in waves of ice - barely escaping his own death. The distance the force got had him doubting his own life, how could someone send a massive attack.

Another attack came just as he could get on the offensive, "Fifth Style: Winter Wave." This cornered him yet again as he tried to hold the rage prying him off.

However he held on, part of him anticipating the new intruder. Something about this newly presence clicked inside.

"YN!" Sanemi and Muichiro fret in unison.

Your eyes enlarged at your newfound enemy, almost in disbelief at the familiar demonic features.

"You again?"

The demon mirrored your expression, "The female human."

"You're an Upper Moon One?"

"You're a Pillar?"

Genya between you two, look back and fro. Confounded by the situation as well as the other males, "I thought you..." Of course, he was an Upper Moon; he couldn't have just died easily.

"So your name is YN..."

"And you're an Upper Moon One." Unbelievable. You didn't notice the number in those six eyes when you encountered him first.

Lifting your katana, a smile traced on your lips.

"Well, I don't suppose we'd introduce ourselves all night here? Pleased to meet you, Upper Moon One." The demon itself copied your expression, liking the formality than other demon slayers he faced.

"Child, it'd be Kokushibo."

"Say, Kokushibo-san," His ears perked at his name rolling of your tongue, it fitted well. "...shall we dance?"

The man gladly accept the invitation and impelled himself to knock you out of his feet, which he successfully did but you managed to send a kick on his lower abdomen; catching him off-guard.

Not only she can wield incredible techniques but strength too? His brows furrowed in question.

He was starting to doubt the 'female human' he entitled you on. However he also had play up in his sleeve and that was about to come when one of the easy-drift hunter strike.

"Genya!"

You clicked your tongue in alarm, "Breathe of Ice Ninth Style: Flutter of Feathers." Kokushibo blinked in pure astonishment at the mere loss of your petite body but with his title as the Upper Moon One, he deflected your hit from behind.