❦ CH 15 ❦ ♡

DEMON 15 | END

GENYA, Sanemi's younger brother took in your sullen expression but resume to remain quiet as you hastily pace around the room. The news he shared had taken a big toll on you.

Minutes as you continue your act, Genya sighed and shove your body in to his own - your back touching his stiffen chest.

"Stop worrying."

"How can I not when you said you almost had a fight with the upper moon two? Do you know how much of a risk was that?" Recalling the moment you had a fight with the same demon, you almost blush at the thought.

"But I managed to escape."

But that's impossible. You frowned.

Douma, Upper Moon Two, was not a joke. He could easily murder a village in one night without any problem and to think that Genya escaped his gasp was absurd.

"You...got out?"

"Yes."

Spinning your way out of his grip, which saddens the boy at the warmth loss, but hides it when you examined his facial feature before sulking down.

"What?" He questions.

"I thought you become a demon but you were with me earlier so..." A look of disbelief cross his face and you burst into laughter, "Chill. I forgot you possessed an ability."

"How have you been?" He changed the topic almost immediately.

"I'm alive."

"I can see that." Genya shook his head, you were still blunt and straightforward. To ask such question was not him but seeing you out in the field with a group of amateur hunters.

For years that he had been training to become a demon slayer in order to erase a single trace of your memories but with just a single glance of those rose eyes made him scurry to meet you at once.

"Well I can say same to you. You've grown bigger, my boy!" You heartily laugh and slap the boy's shoulder. "So how has life treated you?"

He didn't answer knowing that you would just smile and brush it off but when you remained silent as him, he find it...odd.

For a while, you two held each others gaze.

"Oh sorry, was I spacing out?"

He open his mouth to speak but halt when you turned around completely, "I forgot I have a report to do." Tapping your chin, you reminisce on what to write on that piece of paper after training the kids.

"Right." Was all he said.

Here he was again, struggling to unscrew his bottled emotions. After all the challenges he and his brother went, he find it difficult to control his temper. Much like Sanemi.

"Stop overthinking about your attitude. You look as if you hadn't taken a dump in years. No hard feelings okay?" A hand sits on his hair and ruffle it, "If that's what you chose to be then beat it. Cold or not, you're still the boy I remember back then. Only smaller."

He could feel his body relaxed to your soft touch, "But I can't deny you're an asshole like your brother." You giggled at the end.

"Yeah." He shyly agreed.

"Thanks for telling about the Upper Moon. This means they're clearly plotting a plan against us." With a nod of appreciation, you parted ways.

The night came to sit on its polished throne as you patrol on the estates and nearby village. Thankfully, you saw nothing rebellious. One of the villager peeked out of their window and greeted you, "Hanabi-sama!"