-4- Heavenly peace

As Clary sat in the institute, surrounded by the people she loved most, it all seemed to hit her at once. She was really back. She was really free. No valentine, no Jonathan, just her new life. Clary could feel Jace's hand resting on her back, and had been listening to Simon explain what had happened while she was gone, but suddenly the world began to spin and she saw blackness encircling the edges of her vision.  Her eyes fell shut, and she felt her body fall and be caught. Then only blackness.

Everyone sat crowded around clary's bed, all excited to be back together. Jace, however, stared only at clary. He knew Simon was talking, but he only heard clary's soft breathing. His hand sat on her back, the familiar feel of her skin on his scarred fingers comforting and addicting.
His breath caught in his throat and he threw his body forward when he saw her about to pass out. He caught her and held her tightly, laying her back down on the bed. Everyone sort of staggered back, leaving some room around the bed. "Magnus what's wrong with her?!" Have screamed breathlessly. The tall slender man stepped forwards and placed his tanned hand on her snowy white forehead. Blue flamelike swirls spin where their skin touched. Magnus sighed in relief and drew his hand away. "She's just exhausted. Her body has had a shock. She needs rest." Jace was visibly relieved and instantly moved back to her side. "I'll take her too her room. She hates the infirmary." He muttered, already scooping her up in his arms. No one argued.

Jace kicked open the door to clary's bedroom. It looked exactly as it had when she'd left, her easel in the corner with a half finished painting on it, her shoes at the bottom of the bed. Izzy had encouraged him to empty it, but he couldn't. He had never given up on her. Sometimes her would go in her room and just look around. Look at her sketchbooks. Sit on her bed. Anything to feel close to her.

Jace laid clary on the bed, covering her up in the soft sheets and kissing her forehead lightly.  He turned to leave, but looked back and changed his mind. Kicking off his shoes and pulling off his shirt, Jace crawled under the covers next to clary and wrapped her in his arms. "I love you." He whispered into the back of her neck. She only groaned slightly in her peaceful sleep.

Soon his cheeks were wet with tears; he had no idea if they were of joy or sadness or both, but he cried anyway. He cried until he was sleeping. And they slept all night.

A short one but oh well. Next one will be longer and you'll get to see clary and Jace talk. Kind of got demotivated for this because I stopped watching the show. But I'll try and keep updating. - AJ