Chapter 6: When Hell Broke Loose

Amelia's P.O.V.

My heart was beating so fast and so slow at the same time as I was pacing up and down in the hospital's hallway. My thoughts were focused on the person who was laying half-dead behind the door with the number 171.

My emotions mixed and the only thing I knew is that... it's all my fault. I don't usually feel guilty of my actions but right now I think; if I stop pacing, the ground is going to open and shallow me into its eternal darkness.

I kept walking around, outside the room lost into my own thoughts when a hand on my shoulder made me snap.

"Hey. Amelia, I think that you should sit down for a bit. Here; I brought you some coffee" Matt said holding a sad smile.

I nodded and sat down in the waiting area with Alex, Chris, Matt and Jordan. I did not take the coffee I was offered to but instead I drank a few drops of water in order to cool my already sore throat. After a couple of minutes I felt hand be placed on my back and I knew exactly who that hand belonged to.

"Don't touch me" I said with a low voice filled with all the anger and disappointment I could master.

From the corner of my eye I saw the hurt and regret which flashed through his face. I can't say I don't pity him but what he did to Brad was outrageous. I still can't believe what he did and said...
Oh, Jordan, why?

Earlier that day

"I think I am in love with you" Brad said right after we kissed...we kissed?

Oh, shit! I kissed Brad or he kissed me, it doesn't matter. Wow... I did not expect it to be that good. I mean, I've kissed a lot of guys but that definitely belonged in the top 3. Gosh! What am I saying? He just said he is in love with me?! He met me less than a week ago. I don't know if I should be sympathetic or angry with him. I was officially confused and speechless.

"You...what?"

"I am in love with you?"

"Are you asking me?"

"No... I am definitely in love with you, Amelia" he said with a goofy smile. How I love the way he says my name... Amelia! Snap out of it.

"Let's talk about this later, okay? Okay" I said not giving him any chance to answer.

I jumped out of my bed and fast-paced down the kitchen where the girl who was sleeping in Brad's arm this morning was making waffles? What the hell?

"Ermmm... excuse me? Who are you and what are you doing?" I got myself to ask as politely as possible.

"Oh! Hey, you must be Amelia. I am Kate. By the way, I know everything about you" Kate said looking serious and then laughed. God, she can be scary.

"Don't worry. Brad was talking about you the whole night. Also, in case you're jealous, chill out. I am the boys' childhood friend and nothing more. Eww" how the fuck did she know that?

"So, are you up for a girl's day?" Kate asked and for some weird reason I trusted her.

"Sure thing, girl."

"Cool. Ah! Did Brad gave you space like he said he would?"

"He kind of just said he was in love with me. Soooo, I don't think he took your advice" I answered honestly.

"He did NOT said that. BRAAAAAD!!!" Kate shouted so loud I thought I would lose my hearing.

After a few seconds, he was directly behind me still with that goofy smile plastered on his face.