CHAPTER ELEVEN

I had been working on this essay for quite a few days now, hoping it would live up to the expectations of Mr

I had been working on this essay for quite a few days now, hoping it would live up to the expectations of Mr. Smith.

I fetched the papers from my handbag and handed them to him as soon as he dismissed the class.

He took a quick look at the title and asked. "I see you've analyzed the texts regarding the Victorian Era. May I ask how was it. Ms. Brooks?"

"Quite interesting, actually. The Victorians are all about values and elegance, I was especially intrigued by the notions of exploration and invention."

He chuckled. "There's a lot more to the Victorian Era, my dear. It's a complex and paradoxical age that, let's see— could be qualified as a second English Rennaissance." He then shoved the papers into his briefcase. "Anyway, I'm going to take a look at your essay and give you my feedback." He then paused and hummed. "Say next week?"

"Sure. That would be great," I smiled.

"Have a good day!"

"You too, Professor." He sauntered away and exited the auditorium. I fished out my phone to text Reem.

Where you @? Wanna have dinner together?

I realized my lips were dry and I darted my tongue out to moisten the seam. I stole a glance from my wristwatch and saw it was already past 5 p.m. The last course will start soon so I'd better kick rocks before the other students come.

I made my way out of the auditorium as my phone vibrated in my hand.

Reem:

Sorry, ma chérie. I'm at Vincent's place, his parents invited me for dinner. It's the first time they did so I can't decline. : (

I sighed and replied instantly.

Ofc not. Take your time and have fun. Xoxo.

As much as I was happy for Reem that she finally took the next step in her relationship with Vincent, I hated eating alone.

There was just something about it that made me feel dejected.

The weather was cold as fuck. It snowed in the morning and the ground was all embellished with white cotton candy. Most of the Canadian population is sick of having snowfalls all the time but I, on the other hand, loved it. There is just something beautiful and pure about snow. And when the sun shines through it, everything thaws without hesitancy.

Maybe the snow needed the sun's warmth to soothe it down.

I crossed my arms over my chest, my footfalls thumping against the snow as I got out of the gate. Instantly, my eyes landed on Ethan leaning against his car and apparently scrolling through his phone. My heart did a little flip inside my ribcage.