CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

My phone vibrated twice and I jumped upright on my bed

Ethan:

Are you in the dorm?

I need to see you. Please.

My heart fluttered.

I started typing right away. Shaky fingers.

Me:

Yes. I'm here.

He replied instantly.

Ethan:

Open the door.

As soon as I saw his message, I heard a knock on the door.

Oh my God, he's here.

I shoot up to my feet, suddenly nervous and excited about seeing him. He came for me, he actually came.

I took a deep, calming breath and headed towards the door, rotating the doorknob.

My face fell immediately. Messy hair and dark circles under Ethan's eyes. He looked tired and I felt a pang in my chest. A guilt pang.

I was about to utter something when Ethan launched forward, wrapping his arms around me. "First, I need to do this." Then he pressed his lips against mine. Fire again.

That burning sensation crawling my chest up and down. Again.

And then I let go, I just sunk in his arms as he kissed me again and again until I couldn't breathe.

He nipped on my bottom lip, as if telling me through actions that he was in pain. His fingers dug into my waist and I figured he was inquiring if I felt pain too.

I cupped his cheeks and pressed him down against me, nipping on his upper lip once and the bottom one twice, letting him know that I did.

He groaned and tangled his fingers in my hair. His lips were finally getting softer against mine— more gentle. As if he finally calmed down.

Then he kissed me some more and pulled away for air.

A heartbeat later, he pressed his forehead against mine. His chest collided with mine, both of our hearts beat against each other. We breathed heavily.

I swallowed his breaths and he swallowed mine.

"I missed you so damn much," he said.

I stroked his hand and looked at him. "I missed you too."

"Are you mad at me?" His voice went a tone down.

"I wasn't mad at you, Ethan— I'm not. I was just scared of the outcome. I was scared of losing you."