Prolouge

Something was wrong. That became alarmingly clear as Chiharu rounded the corner of the Uchiha compound and found corpses litering the ground. Chiharu was so shocked to see the dead bodies that her mouth froze up in a silent scream. Her eyes didn't even tear up, her body not being able to react to the gruesome scene being portrayed in front of her young, innocent eyes. 

Okaasan...? Her brain began to work again, and she was almost more terrified than before thinking about her own family. She ran as fast as her little legs could carry her through the Uchiha compound until she finally reached the gate that the Uchiha clan shared with its sister compound, the Katsumi's, Chiharu's clan. She entered through the gate and it became apparent the her home was struck by whatever evil had killed the Uchiha's. Chiharu didn't have time to process all the dead bodies in her mind, all she could do was try not to look at the corpses of her friends and neighbors litering the streets as she raced to her own home, screaming for her parents the whole way.

"Okaasan! Otousan!" Her throat was hurting from the force of her screaming. She entered the house that she had grown up in and ran to the backroom where her parents usually resided.

"I'm home..." She trailed out finally seeing the hunched over bodies of her mother and father. The tears finally sprouted from her eyes and rolled down her face.

"I'm sorry I'm late Okaasan. I was training..." She heaved through her tears, she was in denial about the death of her parents although their dead bodies were right in front of her, laid side by side. "Otousan wanted me to be strong so I was training Okasaan, I'm so sorry I couldn't help with supper today." She sobbed as she kneeled down in between them. She was over stimulated, everything happening so quickly and she didn't know what to do, so she screamed. She screamed loudly, through her tears. Which she decided probably wasn't a good idea since whatever killed everyone could still be out there, she realized this too late. The older brother of Sasuke Uchiha was back in the room before her scream even cut off. Itachi had followed her to her home, recognizing the small girl as one of the children in Sasuke's class. He almost didn't want to see her look at the bodies of her parents, the people he had murdered. He had to swallow back the lump in his throat as he watched the scene unfold in front of his eyes. He would have left her be, if she hadn't began screaming, Itachi was sure someone was lurking and he couldn't risk his mission so he pulled out his kunai and rushed forward, in one swift motion he flipped her so that she was facing him and plunged his kunai into her stomach. The last thing he saw he would remember for the rest of his life. It would have surely been his downfall if it had activated a second before his attack. The Katsumi kekkei genkai had activated within the girl and it was clear to see in her eyes before they closed.

(A/N: Hello all my Naruto lovers, I'm very excited to start writing this book. I do want to know what you guys think, or even what you like or dislike about the book so please engage if you have a moment to spare-Renee)