The Land of Waves Part 2

Sasuke's POV

Chiharu and I were the last to arrive, which did not go unnoticed by the dobe and the obsessive members of my team. I shrugged it off and continued walking outside of the Leaf gates. Walking ahead of everyone so that I was able to get away from the loud voices of Naruto's voice, my mind couldn't help but wander back to what had happened about half an hour ago. She was scared. In all my years of knowing the odd girl, I had never seen her so frightened. Even the night our clans were murdered by Itachi, and thinking back, I hadn't seen her at all for a couple of weeks after the massacre. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion at my thoughts, I looked back over my left shoulder and saw Chiharu walking alongside Sakura. I wanted to ask her where she had gone, but I didn't want to bring up any old wounds. 

Splash

I look down and see my foot in a small puddle. I yank it away angrily and continue walking, thats what I get for letting my thoughts center on a stupid girl. I won't let her distract me from what's important ever again.

Chiharu's POV

My blue eyes linger on the puddle that the Uchiha boy had stepped in. It was out of place, this place not having rainfall in weeks. I looked up to Kakashi who was also looking at the puddle, his eyes flickered up to my own and then looked away. 

This was probably a set up.

I continued walking, but shifted so that I was flanking the Tazuna, the bridge builder. A few moments passed by before chaos consumed the once peaceful walk. Two men jumped out of the small puddle and pulled Kakashi apart using big chains.

 Two men jumped out of the small puddle and pulled Kakashi apart using big chains

Sakura was horrified and Naruto seemed to be shaking at the sight of their jounin leader ripped apart in front of there innocent eyes. I scoffed, no stranger to gore and sprouted into action. Pulling two kunai from my holster I fling it at one of the enemy shinobi. While he deflected both of my blades, I used his distraction to gain some ground against him. Ducking low I slid one of my feet beneath both of his. He did not trip fully, instead stumbling. I stood and used his momentum against him, kicking him backwards into a big tree. Before he could make a move to gain an advantage, I pulled a kunai from my holster and threw it at the center of one of his chain links so that he was now attached to the tree. 

Looking back to my team mates I see that they are all in good condition still. The Uchiha boy seemed to have handled the other shinobi. Kakashi hopped down from the tree, having used a substitution jutsu so that it looked like he had been murdered by the shinobi, while in reality he'd escaped and was watching from a tree nearby.

"Thanks for the help, sensei." I said sarcastically, as I gathered all of my kunai except for the one mobilizing the enemy. He shrugged his shoulders and continued to interrogate the enemy shinobi before knocking them out. He then turned to us.

"Sorry I couldn't be of service, I needed to see just who they were after, but you guys did great on your own. Sasuke and Chiharu, good job springing into action." The Uchiha boy puffed out his chest proudly, while I fidgeted under the gaze of our sensei. "Sakura, you did great defending Tazuna, that was an important key element. Naruto...I'm sorry I wasn't fast enough to step in before you got hurt." Kakashi continued, saying the last part a bit condescendingly. 

I leaned against a tree watching Tazuna with guarded eyes. Why were the enemies after him? If he had told us everything, it didn't make much sense that two chunin level ninja would be after a lowly bridge builder. My eyes moved back to my team mates as Naruto stabbed his hand to bleed out the poison that he'd been infected with when he was scratched by the ninja that Sasuke dealt with.

"That's good and all Naruto but if we don't get the bleeding to stop you could die." Kakashi sensei says, matter of factly. Naruto panicked and began waving his hand around erratically. I grabbed some gauze from my bag and moved over to Naruto. Grabbing his hand I examined it looking for a cut, but to my surprise there was nothing there.

"You're okay Naruto." I put my gauze back into my weapons pouch and walk over to Tazuna and Kakashi who were talking amonst themselves about the fact that Tazuna had lied about the class of this mission. This mission was at least an B ranked mission or higher, not a C ranked like we had oringinaly thought thanks to the bridge builders lies.

"We're genin we don't have the training for a mission of this caliber, and I really think we should go get Naruto's hand looked at by a doctor in our village." Sakura pointed out.

"Naruto's hand is no longer an issue." I interjected. Kakashi sensei looked down towards Naruto's hand puzzled but decided not to say anything. "I'd like to continue the mission, if that is the main concern. I think that we can handle anymore enemies that may be coming for Tazuna." I speak up, which was completely out of my character. I look toward my team mates who all nodded in agreement. Kakashi sensei saw the determination in our eyes and shrugged before walking forward.

"We continue for now, but if things start to get out of hand we turn back, that's the compromise." He says continuing forward without halt. I follow closely behind him, silently, as my team mates walk behind me.