3

That night you lay on your bed, staring at the ceiling. You've been living alone for the past two months now, and you have to admit: it's lonely.

You continue to stare, rethinking the events of today. No matter what you try to direct your toughts to, they always end up at that man. Seonghwa. Why can't you get him out of your head? You knew for certain that he didn't deserve it, not even in the slightest bit. He was rude and cold to you. But something about him draws you in, makes you want to know more. You want to stay away from him, yet you want to get close. You wonder how long he's playing football for. You wonder what his favourite subject is.

Why do you care so much?

You feel sleep creeping around the corner until you hear your door knock. Sound travels far in your little apartment. You sometimes wished you had a roomate, both to keep you company and to also help out with the rent.

You already know it's Yunho at the door, and your assumption is proven to be correct as the tall bear leaps past you right when you open the door. The blue haired boy ignores greetings and instantly lunging into your sofa and groaning, not even lifting his face from a cushion.

"Another tough night?" you ask. He understands what you mean immediately and nods slightly. Yunho's father can be quite...verbally abusive at times and when your sensitive friend can't stand it, he seeks refuge at your place. In highschool you'd sneak him into your house, but now he has the freedom to come whenever he wants.

"Sometimes I wish I could just run away" his voice breaks as he holds back tears. You comfortingly place your hand on his shoulder, but you notice him wince slightly at your touch. Fear rushes up inside you and you instantly pull his collar down to reveal his shoulder. Your eyes widen in shock and a gasp leaves your lips at what's in front of you.

Multiple bruises, littered all over his arm.

You tear up at the sight and instantly pull your best friend into a hug, and he lets out all of the tears he was hiding too. "h-how long?" you stutter. "just a few months" he answers in a sad voice, instantly shattering your heart. You had known his father was verbally abusive but never physically.

And you feel disgusted.

Without thinking much about it before, you blurt out "move in with me"

Yunho doesn't even hesitate before smiling through his tears and embracing you. "I'd absolutely love to. And I'm sure my dad would love me out of the house as soon as possible too." he once again smiles sadly and stands up. "So when should I...you know..."

You let out a giggle "as soon as you can" and you try to give him the most comforting smile you can muster, despite the heavy weight on your heart.

But it still brought you contentment knowing that Yunho's domestic suffering was about to end soon.

That night, you both slept with the comfort of each other. You lie down with your back to Yunho, and he puts his arm over you. You were both used to keeping each other company this way, with no romantic feelings. Just a close friendship, and you felt so happy this way. And suddenly, you hadn't a care in the world. You felt nothing but calm yet excited for Yunho to move in with you.

After thinking maybe college isn't so bad after all, sleep takes you away in its grips.

You wake up to the smell of bacon tickling your nose. For a second you are confused, until you remember Yunho stayed over. You turn to look at the rest of your bed, finding it empty. Your suspicion was right, Yunho is downstairs, and you know from experience that he's the best cook.

You lazily make your way down your stairs, glancing at the clock on your way to the kitchen. 9:02, meaning you still had time until the club fair. 

"What was the need for all this?" you laugh, but your mouth doesn't stop watering at the sight of his delicious food. Yunho stands with his back to you and his apron tied tightly. "Just a little thank you for being so hospitable to me" he smiles warmly. 

His future partner will be lucky to have a husband like him you think to yourself. Yunho deserves the world, and you hope his future husband or wife and provide it for him.

"Cut the nonsense, you'll be living here soon so no more hospitality- basically it's my turn to cook tomorrow and treat you back" you joke.

"Just shut up-" he pauses while sliding bacon and eggs onto your plate. "- and eat up" 

After sliding some breakfast for himself, the two of you eat in the positive atmoshphere, both of you temporarily forgetting about your respective stresses and struggles. 

As soon as the pair of you finish up, you get ready at lightspeed and fling your bag over your shoulder. Yunho's already waiting outside for you, and you both walk to the sports hall together.

Upon arrival, you're greeted with many stalls lined up along the edges of the hall, some even littered around, away from the walls. You notice Yunho's eyes light up at the variety there is for offer, and you feel your heart glowing too. After one quick scan of the stalls, your eyes land on the music club. You and Yunho give each other a quick glance and a nod of approval before setting off to the stall of the music club. Yunho has always had a passion for guitar, just as you have a passion for piano.

"Hello! My name is Kim Hongjoong, the leader of the music club! Would you like to join?" a bright man with silver hair and an innocent face invites you to the club. Despite his innocent look, you can't help but notice piercings scattered all over his ears and one on his eyebrow and you giggle to yourself over the contrast.

"My friend and I would love to!" you exclaim happily while grabbing Yunho's hand, who's nodding frantically beside you. As the lively man takes note of your details on a register, you look around and notice something that makes you stomach come back to life. You feel those butterflies dancing around again as you feel your gaze locked onto him.

He notices you, looks at the sign that reads "music club" next to you, and shakes his head as he walks to the sports clubs section. You feel that awful, sinking feeling once again. Who gave him the right to be disappointed in your interests?

You wish you could find something out about him that contradicts his image...