7

XX-XXXX-XXXX

hey, sorry for being so rude. i
didn't realise you cared that
much

You

I'm sorry but who
is this?

XX-XXXX-XXXX

it's seonghwa, yunho
gave me all of your
numbers earlier on

You

I already told you that
it's fine! ^-^

Seonghwa

...right
Seen

You smile at yourself alone in your room. Seonghwa used to be rude to you, but now you think he's cute, adorable even. You know he's going to continue being somewhat cold to you but you feel accomplished after seeing at least a bit of his true self. You silently look forward to slowly chipping his outer shell, making your way into his sweet core.

Suddenly, you hear your front door open and you know instantly that Yunho is back. You drag yourself off your bed, curious about what Yunho did at Mingi's. You remember that you're not supposed to have overheard him, so you hope this'll go smoothly.

"Hey! Where did you go?" you attempt to get the truth out of him. "...no where" he cheekily says, with a stupid smile on his face. "You know you can trust me, right?" you try to reassure him, not planning on giving up on getting an answer from him. "Fine...I was at Mingi's place" Yunho starts wildly blushing as he covers his face completely with his big hands.

You smile to yourself. Success

"What did you do there?"

"We just hung out, played video games and talked a bit. He's actually really cool! A-and..." Yunho shouts and covers his face once more. "Y/n, I think I have a crush on him" he mumbles. Your face morphs into an expression of joy and you can't stop smiling. "That's great! You're already getting close to him, I bet he likes you back" you wink at him, earning yourself a light punch. "Don't get my hopes too high" he blushes again. "I'm serious, did you even see his face when he saw you at the cafe?" 

You can tell Yunho is getting excited again as he starts to hop up and down. "Really?" he flashes you hopeful puppy eyes and you can't help but laugh and nod.

After celebrating for a while, Yunho finally mentions the events of today that you had almost forgotten about. "Anyway, I'm sorry for Seonghwa today, I didn't know he was your mean lab partner that you had mentioned to me. I don't even know why he was that cold, I'll talk to him later to make him apologise to you"

"Oh no it's totally fine, he apologised already" you softly smile, recalling his texts to you. You still couldn't believe he apologised at all. Suddenly you remember his highly attractive dance moves and your face starts to redden. Before you can get too lost in your thoughts, Yunho interrupts them. "Oh! I'm glad he apologised! I honestly didn't expect him to"

Yeah, he only apologised after I started screaming at him like a maniac you think to yourself.

"Neither did I" is all you can say.

"BIO LAB BIO LAB BIO LAB BIO LAB BIO-" you groan as you wake up to your screaming roommate pacing back and forth on your bedroom floor, still wearing his pyjamas and his hair sticking out all over the place. 

"What are you doing" you complain, squinting at the bright sunlight coming from your now open curtains. "WE HAVE OUR SECOND BIOLOGY LAB IN AN HOUR AND I THOUGHT I SHOULD REMIND YOU" he screams once again. You find yourself pushing aside any annoyance and you chuckle at your idiotic, yet caring friend.

"If you're so eager to get to this lab then why didn't you get ready yourself?" you shoot at him. He freezes for a second before noticing the state that he's in. "Ah!" he exclaims before rushing out of your room again. You laugh at his antics and feel warm. It feels much better to wake up to your crazy lunatic of a friend screaming at you rather than your previous lonliness, accompanied by silence. It also heats your heart to know that Yunho doesn't have to deal with his horrible father anymore. You feel comforted to know that he's finally free. You continue smiling into your pillow until Yunho's screeches snap you out of your trance. "HAVE YOU SEEN MY TOWEL ANYWHERE?" he screams from the other side of the apartment. You slightly shake your head and smile once more before finally getting out of bed.

"You seem more enthusiastic than usual" you state still in your groggy state, holding a slice of toast. On the other hand, a bright and energetic Yunho is chewing his food without even taking a break to breathe and his eyes are lit up with excitement. He doesn't say anything, too eager to finish his food fast. 

Finally, it clicks with you. He sits beside Mingi in the biology lab. "Mingi!" and you know you're right by the way his eyes somehow brighten up more than they were before. While Yunho is behaving hyper, you remember that you sit beside Seonghwa and you feel a sinking feeling in your stomach. You feel embarrased for screaming at him yesterday. 

It's already been a week since we've first met? you think in your head. You wonder how your first experiment will go today, and you silently pray you won't mess up. You are a very, very clumsy person and you don't know how that will end up for you in a biology lab, where you'll be working with actually dangerous things. Not to mention that Seonghwa will be there to witness every single slip up you do.

You find yourself caring about his opinion in particular again, even though you have people all around you at your bench. Why do you only care about what Seonghwa thinks? 

Out of no where, Yunho speaks up again, this time with his normal tone.

"Oh and Y/n? It's obvious you like Seonghwa"