15

As soon as you leave the cafe into the sharp windy outdoors, you let the dam in your eyes burst as the tears uncontrollably pour down your face. You feel worse when you realise that you're being overdramatic, knowing that this isn't worth crying over. 

But you felt closer to Seonghwa after he shared a secret with you. You didn't realise he saw you as just a friend and his words from a few minutes ago feel like a rejection of sorts. You storm past people on your way to your appartement while keeping your head down, too embarassed if someone you knew saw you in this state.

"Y/n?" You freeze and see the devil himself, San, towering over you. "What happened? Are you okay?" He shuffles closer and tries to embrace you in his outstretched arms. You take a few steps back and vigorously nod your head. 

"Something came up at home and I'm in a rush. Sorry" You weakly offer as you try to walk around him, but you knock into his chest as he blocks your exit. "You can tell me what's wrong" You don't hear a friendly tone in his voice and shiver. "It's okay, I'm fine" This time you jump to the side of him and half walk, half run hoping you can get away from San as soon as possible.

You quickly fling open you front door as soon as you arrive and see Yunho sitting on the couch in front of the TV. You don't hesitate before leaping onto him, letting him hold on to you tightly while you sob into his shoulder. 

"What's wrong?" Yunho asks, plenty of confusion laced into his voice. "He... doesn't... like... me... and... San... is... scary" You choke between sobs and Yunho smiles. "You're so cute"

"How... is this... cute" You try to speak but hiccups prevent that. "There's nothing to cry about, tell me what happened calmly" He softly brushes his thumbs on your cheeks, wiping away any warm tears. You nod, admitting that there's no need to cry. You just felt so overwhelmed you couldn't control it. 

Yunho rubs your back until you calm down enough to speak. After taking a deep breath, you explain everything that happened in the cafe and afterwards too, when you ran into San.

A deep laughter erupts from Yunho and you scowl. "What's so funny?" You wonder if there's something silly that you had said.

"When did he say he didn't like you, you dumbass?" You shake your head to this. "Yunho, don't try and bring my hopes up again. The reason he's started getting friendly with me so suddenly is obviously because he feels comfortable around me now as a friend, can't you see how far into the friendzone I am?"

You don't understand why Yunho keeps laughing at you so you glare at him again. "Look, just don't give up yet. That's all I'll tell you. Please trust me." You just nod along, deciding to keep a little bit of hope inside you, just for your friend.

"And about San? In my opinion you should stay away from him. The way you described him from that lab and today, he gives me bad vibes" You can tell Yunho genuinely cares about you and you smile, hugging him once again out of gratitude this time.

"Thank you for being on my side" You smile, taking in the warmth from your best friend.

"You've done the same for me"

The whirring of an electric hand mixer reverberates through the whole apparetement, causing Yunho's head to buzz along with it. "What are you doing?" He screams from his room, unaware of your little scheme. "Baking a cake for Seonghwa!" You brightly exclaim.

It's Saturday morning and you had decided to bake a strawberry shortcake to gift to Seonghwa later in the day when you meet him, as an apology for leaving him at the cafe yesterday. After a lot of thinking, you decided to treat him as warmly as you'd treat a friend and let whatever happens, happen. You came to the realisation that you hadn't even let Seonghwa have a bite of the cake you ordered at Utopia the day before and figured that would be the best thing to bake.

You pop the cake tins full of batter into the oven, and start to prepare for the cream and decorations. A smile forms on your lips as you remember Seonghwa's face while he was eating the strawberry. He must really like them you think to yourself.

After thinking of Seonghwa the whole time while baking the cake, it turns out perfect and you mentally pat yourself on the back. You start to decorate the cake with pride and cut the strawberries for the top of the cake into heart shapes subconsciously.

You always loved decorating everything in hearts, but you only realise how suggestive the decoration seems in this circumstance when it's too late. You try to brush it off as you start packing it into a baby pink cake box, making sure to stick a small bow on top as well. 

You cringe internally when you realise that it looks too cute, and Yunho who appeared behind you must think the same as you hear his laughter in your ear. "Strawberry hearts? Very subtle, Y/n" You instantly redden and attempt to defend yourself. "It wasn't intentional!", you panic, earning you more giggles from your friend.

"Do you think he'll accept this? What if it tastes bad?" You feared things would be awkward between you and your crush, and the last thing you'd want is Seonghwa coldly declining your gift, becoming the rude man he once was. Would he even turn up? You haven't texted him since before yesterday and he might've cancelled last second without telling you. Not that you'd blame him, anyway.

"If I hear 'what if-' from you one more time, I'm going to meet Seonghwa instead and make you stay home. Stop worrying so much, everything will fall into place, I promise!" You hesitantly glance at Yunho and sigh. "You're right, nothing will go wrong"

"I mean, what's the worst that could happen?"

A/N

The amount of times I had to look up strawberry shortcake just in case I said something incorrect in the story... Let's just say it made me hungry even though I hate strawberries (∪。∪)。。。zzZ
Anyway I wonder what'll happen in the next chapter... heheh just kidding I already know ☆⌒(≧▽​° )