14

Seonghwa simply watches you as you engulf the slice of strawberry shortcake with a small smile on his lips. You savour the smooth texture with the sweet frosting on top, occasionally biting into a juicy strawberry. You pause your feast for a second when you realise you haven't shared with Seonghwa yet. Straightening up, you clear your throat and lightly push the plate towards him. 

"Feeling generous today?" He playfully asks, raising an eyebrow attractively. You blush uncontrollably and force your hands to stay down, knowing you'll get teased for covering your face again. "I'll forgive you if you feed me" He suddenly demands and you stay still, too astonished. Why did he get flirty out of nowhere when he was so cold not too long ago? Is this some sort of bet? What gave him the confidence?

He fixes his focus on you and doesn't let his eyes leave yours, clearly waiting for you to feed him. You look down at the cake and your own mouth waters again. You decide to play around with him a bit and a smirk starts to grow on your face. Making sure not one bit of cake is on the fruit, you slyly pick up a strawberry and pop it into Seonghwa's slightly open mouth. Not even waiting to see his reaction, you dig into the cake again. You've decided not to share with him as a punishment for being so cheesy.

Seonghwa chews his strawberry slowly with wide eyes, savouring every bite especially since it was fed to him by you. He smiles brightly as he finishes before exclaiming. "How did you know strawberry was my favourite fruit?"

You wanted to annoy him, but unintentionally made him happier. You would feel defeated in a usual circumstance but seeing Seonghwa's radiant smile in front of you softens you immensely.

Still beaming, Seonghwa passes you the milkshake while popping another strawberry into his mouth. You thank him and lean down to take a sip. You have always been a huge fan of chocolate and felt lucky that Seonghwa ordered a chocolate milkshake. Not caring about the abundance of sugar in your bloodstream, you start to sip on your straw.

You forget there's a second straw shoved into the cup because as soon as Seonghwa leans down to also sip from his straw and makes eye contact with you, you jump away and start fidgeting with your spoon on you empty plate in front of you as a distraction. That was the closest he's ever been you realise and internally scream. You were close enough to see the details in his shiny eyes and the pores of his skin up close. You shiver at the thought of it, but a part of you wanted to see that again.

You dare lift your eyes to find a giggling Seonghwa. "Did I catch you off guard?" He laughs loudly this time, going to take another sip without breaking eye contact with you for even a second. You can't believe the difference in Seonghwa from a few days ago and now. His confidence is through the roof and you wonder what happened.

You'll hate yourself for ruining the mood between you two but decide to risk the question anyway. 

"What happened to make you break out of your shell suddenly?" You instantly regret your decision, realising how stupid you sound only after the words have left your mouth.

To your surprise, Seonghwa's face instantly softens and he grows shy. "I finally got a secret off my chest and told my best friend the truth. I decided to show my true self before it's too late" 

You stare in shock as Seonghwa fiddles with his thumbs, looking down with a timid smile on his face. 

"You revealed that you dance!" You clap, brightening up. A look of confusion and then horror flashes across his face in the blink of an eye. "Don't say that so loudly, I didn't reveal that!" 

"Then what did you reveal?" You feel genuinely confused now, not aware of any other secret he might be hiding. 

"I told him about my crush"

Your heart drops to the pit of your stomach and the smile on your face becomes forced. Tears threaten to form as thoughts rush through your head.

Of course he likes someone else, what made you think you had a chance? You're not pretty, you've embarrassed yourself too many times and you're so unineresting. You have no good qualities and you're not even a good friend for not being there for him to share this secret with before. If you'd been a better person, he would've revealed this ages ago. If only you-

Your thoughts are interrupted when Seonghwa's hand waves in front of your blank eyes. You realise you've failed to keep the fake smile on and now you're hyperventilating uncontrollably. "Is everything okay?" Seonghwa worriedly asks, concern clearly written in his eyes while his other hand rests on your shoulder. After taking a few deep breaths you manage to whisper in a small voice, "I completely forgot about something really important. I have to go I'm sorry" as you weakly pretend to check your phone to further enforce your lie.

Before Seonghwa replies, you whip out enough cash to pay for the food and you lay it onto the table. After standing up, a small "Thank you" is all you murmur while weakly smiling before you dash out of the cafe, leaving a stunned Seonghwa staring at your back as you exit.

Seonghwa sadly regards the half empty glass, wondering if he did something wrong to scare Y/n away, or if her excuse was actually legitimate. Was he going too far or too fast?

The black haired man silently reflects on himself, unaware of multiple customers quietly watching him, still curious about the sudden ruckus. Slightly embarrassed, he tries to busy himself with his phone. After seeing that he has new messages, he boredly clicks onto the notification, his pulse quickening as he reads the messages. He can't find the courage to reply by text and he knows he'll have to explain everything in person. But not yet. He can't face him yet.

New Messages from "The Devil"

The Devil

seongwha, where did you go

i thought we were meeting up
after the lecture

nvm yeosang just told me you
went out to have coffee with a
new unnamed friend?

i see, you're going to utopia?
yunho, who's apparently
friends with you, told me when
i was looking for you

seonghwa. 

tell me why i just saw y/n crying down
the street after leaving utopia.

if you have anything to do with this
you're dead :)
Read

A/N

Sorry for the cheesy chapter, I do admit I cringed a bit while writing it (⁄ ⁄•⁄ω⁄•⁄ ⁄)
 but it was soft so I had to go along with it (・ω<)☆ Anyway I hope everything is satisfactory in the story so far and have a good morning/ afternoon/ night! ♡ And thank you for 500 reads ♡