Bonus Chapter pt. 2

As you step back into your shared apartment with Yunho, your heart jumps when you see that your boyfriend isn't sleeping soundly on the sofa anymore.

"Seonghwa?" you cautiously call out to nowhere in particular. You take a few more steps in before suddenly you get hugged from behind. You jump and recognise Seonghwa's hands in front of you.

"Why did you leave me alone?" he whispers into your ear. The hairs on the back of your neck stand as you cheeks turn rosey. You take a deep breath to prepare yourself for your incoming flurry of lies.

"I went out to get ice cream with Yunho and Mingi," you whisper back, hoping he'll fall for it. He stays quiet for a few seconds before detaching himself from you. You finally turn around to face him and calm down when he looks convinced. To your horror however, he starts to approach the freezer.

"Wait!" you scream, afraid he'll catch the lie. He turns around and raises an eyebrow. "You wouldn't reply to your dance teammates so they texted me and told me to tell you that they're all going out for a good luck dinner tonight," you blurt. You question your intellegence after that but decide to act confident.

"I want to spend time with you today though," he frowns. He must want to celebrate his birthday with me you think to yourself. "They said you can bring me since they'll be bringing their own partners too," you add.

His face visibly brightens up and your heart skips a beat. If he acts any cuter I'll get a heart attack.

"Let's wear something fancy then!" he giggles before dashing away to put on his shoes. You step out in front of the door. "Meet me back at my house when you're ready, okay?" you nervously confirm. He smiles reassuringly while standing back up again. "Of course," he softly says, bending down before placing a gentle kiss on your unexpecting lips.

Without another word, he's gone out the door. You bring your ice-cold hand up to your heated face. He's always catching you off-guard and you can't say you don't love it.

While you change into your dress, you can't help but get nervous. What if he doesn't go straight home and goes to the practice room instead? You quickly slap on some makeup, growing more and more anxious by the second. Before you get a chance to fully panic, the door bell rings again. You speed to the door and fling it open, heart already jumpy. You instantly calm back down when you see Seonghwa's beautiful face.

"You look beautiful," he says with sparkles in his eyes. "Not as much as you though," you shoot back shyly. He giggles in reponse. "Should we get going then?" he asks, stretching out his hand. You gently place yours in his. "Let's go."

The pair of you walk down the path together with a comfortable silence. The sweet smell of his perfume forces a smile onto your face. It feels so comforting to you.

Just as you're about to walk past the dance studio, you stop in your tracks. Seonghwa turns to look at you questioningly, and right behind him are Mingi and Yunho peeking their heads out from behind the building while holding the cake box. You curse at yourself in your head for being here too early.

You give the two boys a subtle nod for them to hurry into the studio while you grab Seonghwa's hands in each of yours. "Remember last year?" you ask. His face still holds a puzzled expression. "Yes?" he confusingly answers. You speak slowly to stall more time. "When...we had sandwiches and cake together in the middle of your dance practice?" you say, mind travelling back too. Your heart flutters at the memory.

Seonghwa seems to think similarly as his grip tightens. "You were so shy, it was so cute. No, you're still so shy it's cute," he smiles. You wanted to distract your boyfriend but end up getting flustered instead. You steel yourself quickly before stepping in to hug him. You squeeze him tightly, your face pressing into his warm chest. When you feel his arms wrapping around you too, your heart bursts into flames. You feel so tempted to wish him a happy birthday at this moment but you must hold back.

After a few minutes, you decide it's time to pull away. Your eyes widen when you see some of your makeup powder on his black tie and furiously rub it off. "Can we go into the same dance studio real quick? It brings back so many memories and I want to see it again," you mumble sheepishly. Your heart beats rapidly against your ribcage.

He giggles quietly. "Of course we can, you don't need to sound to scared!"

You both approach the door again while you internally pray everyone's inside and ready. You push the door open slowly and let out a sigh of relief when the room is pitch black. This means they're ready.

Suddenly the lights switch on and party poppers are popped in Seonghwa's direction. He jumps slightly in his place and his eyes widen. He doesn't even realise that he unconsciously got into a fighting stance with his fists lifted.

"Happy Birthday!" Everyone screams together. Seonghwa stills for a moment, his face making it clear that the cogs in his head are turning. Once he finally registers the situation, the size of the smile on his face is immeasurable. "Thank you!" he brightly exclaims.

His smile falls slightly when he sees San's hopeful face. "There's a lot we need to talk about," San states, Seonghwa nodding along.

"Y/n, can you text my teammates saying we can't come? I'd rather spend the night here," he whispers to you. You burst out laughing, overjoyed that you were victorious in fooling him. "That was a lie I made up!" You laugh louder.

Everyone laughs along and Seonghwa starts to get embarrassed. "Let's just cut the cake!" He rushes, running towards the beautiful cake on the table. It's decorated with strawberries and a child-like wonderous smile paints Seonghwa's face.

After cutting the cake, everyone talks for hours while feasting on the sweet treat as well as other snacks. Seonghwa learns about San's improvement over the past year and they grow closer. They play games together and when the hunger kicks in, Yeosang orders take-away.

While everyone converses while waiting for the food to arrive, Seonghwa pulls you into a corner. "Is this party the reason you didn't wish me all day? Because I was sad over that," he pouts. "Of course it is, it hurt me to not be able to do anything special for you. It was all for the surprise. Did you like it?" you ask. Seonghwa jumps up like a child with a glowing smile and glittering eyes.

"I loved it! Thank you for making my birthday so great," he utters. You fight inside yourself for a few seconds before giving in. While Seonghwa is staring into your eyes, you hop onto the tip of your toes and plant a long kiss onto his cheek. His jaw drops open in shock, impressed that you kissed him first for once. You giggle lightly when you see the dark vibrant lipstick stain brightly sitting on his cheek.

He places a finger on his cheek, smiling widely. "You're getting brave," he says while observing the lipsick on his finger. However, he doesn't wipe the mark off.

"I hope you always smile that widely," you say without even realising. You realise how cheesy you sound and flinch. Seonghwa doesn't seem fazed by it though.

"I hope I can always smile this widely alongside you," he declares before pulling you in for another tight hug.

A/N
Okay so about 9 months after finishing this book, here I am with a bonus chapter (split into two parts heh)! This is to celebrate 50K reads!! (((o(*°▽°*)o)))
This is a huuuuge deal for me and absolutely unimaginable, I really cannot thank you enough ヽ(o^ ^o)ノ
It definitely felt weird writing in a second person point of view again and it was somewhat nostalgic when I was rereading the story before writing this...I can definitely see the (tiny amount of) growth I've had since writing this story initially but anyway...
It was heartwarming to write about the characters again, even when this book is extremely lacking ( ̄▽ ̄*)ゞ
This bonus ended up being very long so I'm sorry for that, but if you read it I hope you liked it! I had been requested a few times for me to write a bonus chapter or sequel to this book so the only reason I wrote this is for those people (thank you <3)
Stay safe and thank you so much for this huge milestone <3