Epi. 2

Two weeks later

I sit on the couch trying to hold my sanity by with a thread. Mi prima Jasmine is here, she sits next to me being annoying and ranting about some little boy that goes to her school named Ruby. I don't blame him from hiding from her... for personal reassurance. I just know tía Victoria dropped her as a baby because there's no way that she isn't mental. My phone vibrates and I grab it from the coffee table. It's a text from my best friend Daniella thankfully, it reads: get dressed cute there's a party at the old place.

The old place is a bar and dance. Everyone in the hood went there mainly Latinos and Hispanic's since our music blared there the most. I give a quick text back and rush to my room happy. I have a excuse to leave this dreadful family night. I dress into off the shoulder black bodysuit, with ripped jeans and boots. I leave my hair down and do my makeup.

The door swings open.

"Zamnnnnn girl you have your tits out and everything you might find yourself getting a quarter of action I get." Jasmine booms, grinding in the air.

I thank god for making her my cousin because I'd kill myself if she were to be my sister. I roll my eyes and grab my stuff. I explain that I'm leaving and tell Abuela that I'll be back at midnight at the most to abuela. I kiss her temple and leave.
-
When I walk in with Daniella, people were already doing Norteñas. If anything can make me feel the most single in my life is watching couples do them. Daniella and I turn to the bar to get juiced up. I sigh and switch my hair over my neck.

"Girl you would not believe how controlling Jesus has been lately it took me to compromise with him just to let me have a night without him." She complains sighing heavily.

Jesus and Dani have been together since the twelfth grade. She thinks them being with each other for such a long time, he has a right to feel the way he feels.

"I hate that you have to go through that Dani he shouldn't think he has that type of authority over you." I look over and pat her back.

We take our order of shots and down them quickly with lime. I lick my lips and I could already feel my insides heating up from the alcohol. We leave the bar and walk close to the dance floor.

"I mean Jesus is my boyfriend so he kinda does. You'll understand when you get in a relationship. " She says like it's obvious.

Daniella was raised around a old morals type of family and that's even got into her view on world now. I drop the conversation and shift my eyes over to see Ronelo in the corner drinking with his friend. I can't help but not feel awkward being in the same room as him. We broke up last year due to me just being fed up with his games. He was just too friendly for my likeness so I cut him off, of course he claims I broke his heart. I roll my eyes and look back at Daniella.

"Ronelo is here-Dani you think it's best to just call it a night?" I ask in hopes of her say yes.

"Oh hell no we're gonna show homeboy what he is missing." She snaps at me.

She drags me down where the everybody is doing cumbia. I sway my hips and Daniella hypes me up as we dance. And I can't tell but I felt more free knowing that he's watching me and probably feeling regretful of his mistakes. By the time the song is done, I leave to go clean up in the bathroom. I walk out of the ballroom through the the hallway to be unexpectedly pinned on the wall.

Ronelo brown beady eyes peer into mine with a need for me to look at him the way I used to. I sigh and tilt my head. Being this close to him would make you think it would bring good memories, but all the memories I have of him were stressful and tiresome. His hand holds mine gently and his other combs through my hair.

"Rosalía you look good how have you been." He whispers.

I shake my head and try to leave but he blocks me out.

"Ronelo you trying to get me back is going to make my push away further." I say truthfully.

He laughs softly and kisses my temple.

"Mi amor you know that our love is undying for each other please all I ask is to have this night with you." He begs.

I shake my head. Damn I feel like a asshole right now.

"I would've if you didn't flirt with so much of your hoes." I grunt.

He was my first love, but Ronelo needs a Ronelo not a Rosalía. I walk around him and he grabs my arm and walks in front of me saying sweet nothings into my ear.

"Rosalía please I'm still in love with you." He admits.

My heart pangs inside and I softly push him back. Like I said he needs a Ronelo, not me. He needs a woman he can't push around and they can compromise together. He needs a woman that can cuff him hard as hell.

"No no no no don't say that." I try to get the guilt off my shoulder.

He presses himself on me and I almost trip over my feet. His hand goes down to the valley of my back.

"Hey stop being desperate and leave the girl alone pandejo ." A familiar rough voice sounds in the air.

I look over and it's the Santos that gave me a ride over a week ago. My heart drops when he eyes lock into mine. I didn't even know what to feel relief or fear.

"¡Que te follen!" Ronelo spits without even looking who even said that to him.

(Fuck off)

Spooky drops the duffel bag he was holding and before I know it, Ronelo is on the ground getting the shit beat the fuck out of him. Spooky is blowing punches and I'm sure by now Ronelo nose is broken. A bunch of Santos walk out a slide door to see Spooky tearing shit up. They all pull him off of him finally and Ronelo lays on the floor not even moving. I'm so shaken up that I can't even move a muscle.

Daniella runs into the room to see the shit show in front of her. She looks at the Santos that stands there grabbing Spooky shit and a little boy is trying to calm him down.

"¡Que demonios Rosalía !" She curses and turns me to her.

"I wasn't even my fault why are you questioning me! it's Ronelo it was him!' I yell at her.

She nods her head dodging a whole argument between us. Ronelo friends come here and try to get him to respond. He isn't dead, but he is knocked out cold. She sighs and goes to take her keys out then her phone rings in the midst of it all. Daniella face instantly drops in fear.

"Shit Jesus thinks we're at the movies not here and he wants to facetime!" She cries.

Now why did this girl lie where she was at. I grab her and push her through the back doors so she can answer the FaceTime. She probably gonna leave me here to be with Jesus and clear up her lies with him aka sell me out. Spooky pulls me to the side intimidatingly.

"Do you need a ride?" He asks knowing I do.

I could feel the stares of Ronelo friend and I feel sick how bad this is going to look. I reluctantly nod my head. What else did I have to lose. The teenager boy, tells me to follow him to the car.