Epi. 8

Rosalía pov

Oscar opens the door into his home

Oscar opens the door into his home. I'm only familiar with the front yard and backyard. It's simply decorated, but there's no a big family picture for it being a family house a long time ago already. Even though I have issues with mom, I still have her pictures in my room. I turn around, well there's some where...I know that it's Cesar and little Ricky. Though I don't know the full story behind the reason Oscar doesn't fully talk about his mom.

"Take a seat." He simply says and heads for the kitchen.

I sit down and take in my situation for the first time. In nine months I'll be having a baby with Oscar. Even that feels too soon. In thirty nine weeks I'll be having a baby, in six thousand five hundred seventy hours I'll be having a baby, in in three hundred ninety four thousand two hundred minutes I'll be having a baby. Still as much as I calculate the time in my head it doesn't disqualify the fact that I'm gonna have a baby. I have to get to know Oscar more, I don't even know him as a man and plus how will I know him as a father. And I have to tell my family, shit they're going to be so disappointed in me. I don't even have a stable job and I refuse to live here as a first time mom, that is too troublesome. Though I know I'm gonna have to live with mom... if she doesn't mind. And Oscar...what if I leave our kid with him and he or she gets in deep shit because of the Santos.

I can't even be by myself, I'm stressing out myself. I walk in the kitchen to see Oscar making I'm guessing- tacos de lenguas. (Cow tounge tacos) I haven't had these since papa-.

"You wanna help?" He asks cutting off my train or thought.

I hum with a nod. I fully walk in the kitchen, it is a basic kitchen with a small dining area on the side. it doesn't really have a decorative feel, just a necessity of what you'd need. Oscar sets out onions for me to cut up on the clean counter.

"You know my abuelo used to make these for us and still nobody knows how to make it like him... he made a certain sauce the he would marinate the beef with..." I tell him reminiscing on.

He chuckle and takes a quick look at me.

"Well I hope you like mine....somewhat." He chuckles softly.

I let out a small laugh at his remark. I pour the onions into a bowl with diced up tomatoes. I look over at him, his biceps bulge out in the smallest movements. There's multiple traces of pumped out veins on his arms and hands. He really seems athletic.

"Were you in sports Oscar?" I ask.

He shakes his head no.

"Nah I was a little nerd I would rather be in my Ap algebra class more than playing sports."
-
We set the table and the tacos smell so good that my stomach wants the whole serving. I sit down and he bows his head praying over our meal. He makes my plate for me and drizzles a dip on the side.

"Thanks." I say as he hands me my plate.

I glance up and he hasn't eaten. He gestures me to eat with his eyes. I grab the taco and dip it in the golden sauce. When I take a bite a warmth covers my body and my emotions overtake me. My eyes weld with tears and memories of Abuelo fills my head. I feel happy yet scared of how spot on this is, the taste is the man who raised me recipe. For years Abuela has been trying to recapture this taste and the fact that this taste came back to me on the day where my life has took a huge turn, felt like a angel has been on my graces. I hope Abuelo can help guide me from the sky more in life.

" damn it... all I added was some jalapeño peppers- can't be that hot." Oscar talks to himself trying to make him a plate to see where he messed up.

But little does he know that it's more spot on than ever. What if this is a sign that spooky is a good guy after all, at the end of the day. I shake my head.

"Oscar this tastes just like how my Abuelo made it." I manage myself to say.

His confused face turns soft. Slowly his lips curl into a smile, showing of his straight teeth off. He leans in and wipes my tears off with a thumb.

"then shouldn't you be happy princessa." He comforts me.

I nod and wipe my tears.

" God I miss that man so much."

"How did he pass?"he simply asks.

"He died from a heart attack."

"I'm sorry for your loss Rosalía." He rubs my cheek softly before asking more about him.
-
Oscar lays in his bed ready to go to sleep. Well I guess it's time for me to leave. I slip my shoes back on and before I can get off the bed he grabs my arm. I am getting pretty sleepy now and I have his number if something happens when I walk back home.

"Where are you going?" I says with his voice raspy.

I turn back at him. His eye contact make me feel small again. I look away and show him the time on my phone.

"I have to go home."

He lets out his hard one chuckle and pulls me back with him. He smells like that fine cologne and a hit of that cigarette smell. At first it irritates me because I hate people who smoke, but then I start to like it in a few seconds and I find myself lightly sniffing. He brings my hair out of my face and smirks down at me. His dull eyes are looking into mine.

"Spend the night I'll be damned if you get mugged or something worse..." he hugs me tighter and he pecks my hairline.

Abuela can lock doors and close blinds, she should be fine for one night. I giggle softly and nod my head.