Chapter Ten

Oof we really getting in there with the Grumbo this time. Hope you enjoy!

Day 105

"Mumbo! Mumbo look!"

Mumbo had just shut the door to his bedroom when he heard Grian call. Checking that he was presentable, he walked into the avian's room.

"What is it?"

Grian was flitting around from window to window, a large giddy smile on his face. His oversized sleeping shirt hung to his knees and billowed around his torso.
He turned at Mumbo's words and quickly flew down. He grabbed Mumbo's arm and dragged him towards the glass.

"Look! It's snowing!"

Sure enough, the usually thick green pine forest was covered in a white blanket. Grian was basically plastered to the window, his face so close, his breath fogged up the glass.

Mumbo smiled. He loved how easily Grian got excited, and how he couldn't hide that excitement to save his life.

"Have you never...?"

"No" Grian breathed, still in awe. "I've only seen pictures, but this is even more beautiful"

"Yeah..."

Grian felt eyes on him and he turned. Mumbo's face filled with color and he quickly averted his gaze.

"The snow! Y-yeah it is uh... beautiful" Mumbo stuttered, trying to cover his slip up.

Grian smiled and nudged him gently.

"Classic Mumbo Jumbo"

"What do you mean?"

Instead of responding, Grian just laughed and tugged on Mumbo's sleeve.

"Come on! I want to go outside"

_____________________________________________________
"Gri- GRIAN! Stop it!"

Ren chased Grian as he ran towards the door.

"It's too cold! You can't go outside in your pajamas!

"Grow up mom!" Grian shouted behind him as he wrenched the door open.

Mumbo laughed with the others as the avian threw himself into the snow and shrieked at the cold. Ren rolled his eyes, but smiled despite himself.

"Told you!"

Grian, visibly shivering, his teeth chattering, continued to smile. He let clumps of snow fall between his fingers as he flew up into the air, covered head to toe in a shimmering white layer of frost.

"Come on!" He called. "It's so fun!"

"We'll be there in a sec" Stress giggled. "We need to get dressed first"

The whole team except for Mumbo started up the stairs to put on their winter clothes, laughing and shoving each other.

Mumbo walked to the doorway and leaned against it.

"You're shivering"

Grian flapped his wings and landed in front of Mumbo. He grinned, and Mumbo felt his stomach flutter at the sight of Grian's dimples.

"Worth it" he said, shaking out his hair.

"Ah!" Mumbo cried out as water and snow rained onto his shirt.

"Stop it! That's cold!"

"Awww" Grian sneered in false sympathy. He held out his dripping arms. "How about a hug?"